Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Kodi-17 fails to compile with mesa-17.1 (and more)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Kodi-17 fails to compile with mesa-17.1 (and more) Reply with quote

I don't seem to be able to compile any minor version of kodi-17 with mesa-17.1. I tried with kodi-17.0-r4, kodi-17.1-r3, kodi-17.2 and kodi-17.3, and they all fail with "libEGL.so: undefined reference to gbm_bo_create_with_modifiers". If I disabled opengl and enable gles, it also doesn't compile, but this time the failure is due to "invalid use of incomplete type ‘class CEGLNativeType’" and several other invalid uses of incomplete types.

If I downgrade mesa to 17.0.6 or 17.0.7, then kodi compiles successfully, but bluray menus don't work any more.

If instead I go back to kodi-16.1, all is fine. It compiles well, and the bluray menus work.

This seems to indicate that the problem is due to something in kodi-17, but I cannot figure out what.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is? Or alternatively, why has kodi-17 been made stable?
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Kodi-17 fails to compile with mesa-17.1 (and more) Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
Or alternatively, why has kodi-17 been made stable?

I don't think it's fair to blame kodi for using unstable versions of mesa. It works just fine with stable versions.

edit: That said, I don't have any blurays to test with.
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Kodi-17 fails to compile with mesa-17.1 (and more) Reply with quote

bunder wrote:
paraw wrote:

I don't think it's fair to blame kodi for using unstable versions of mesa. It works just fine with stable versions.

edit: That said, I don't have any blurays to test with.

Yes, exactly, my point is that even with stable versions of mesa it doesn't work properly, as the bluray menus don't work. Oh, also, kodi-17 (with stable mesa) segfaults if one uses proprietary drivers for the video card, but at least for this there is a workaround.
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
[IP-] [  ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-340.102:0/340
[IP-] [  ] media-libs/mesa-17.0.6:0
[IP-] [  ] media-tv/kodi-17.3:0

I can play back video files okay, I have a dvd around here somewhere I can try with, but I still don't have a bluray drive or discs.
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With amdgpu-pro-17.10.414273::parawlay, the only way to start Kodi-17 is to start it with LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libEGL.so.1.0.0.
Otherwise it just segfaults on startup. Note that Kodi-16 works perfectly fine.
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found my dvd, kodi knows its in the drive, but it won't play. I'm guessing I'm having a problem with css, but it plays in vlc just fine.

I'm recompiling to see if I'm missing some use flags, in the meantime, what use flags do you have set on kodi?

edit: turns out it works fine if I mount the dvd first, odd.
candrews
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kodi-17 fails to compile with mesa-17.1 (and more) Reply with quote

paraw wrote:

It was made stable because of CVE-2017-8314, see https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=619492 No version of Kodi < 17.2 should be used.
candrews
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Kodi-17 fails to compile with mesa-17.1 (and more) Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
I don't seem to be able to compile any minor version of kodi-17 with mesa-17.1. I tried with kodi-17.0-r4, kodi-17.1-r3, kodi-17.2 and kodi-17.3, and they all fail with "libEGL.so: undefined reference to gbm_bo_create_with_modifiers". If I disabled opengl and enable gles, it also doesn't compile, but this time the failure is due to "invalid use of incomplete type ‘class CEGLNativeType’" and several other invalid uses of incomplete types.

Can you post the output of
Code:
emerge mesa -pv
for when this build error occurs? I suspect that that the "gbm" use flag for mesa may be required, and you don't have it set (if that's the case, simply setting the flag should fix the issue, and I'll update the ebuild in portage accordingly).
candrews
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
With amdgpu-pro-17.10.414273::parawlay, the only way to start Kodi-17 is to start it with LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libEGL.so.1.0.0.
Otherwise it just segfaults on startup. Note that Kodi-16 works perfectly fine.

You have a problem with amdgpu-pro... please work with that package to resolve that issue. On that note, that package isn't even in Portage.

If you have a change to the Kodi ebuild that will resolve this issue for you, and it doesn't break Kodi for others, I'm happy to consider it for inclusion - but otherwise, I don't consider your issue to be a problem with Kodi; it's a problem with amdgpu-pro.

Also, notably, I can't reproduce these errors, and I've tried with different versions of mesa with different use flags. If there is a use flag combination that fails to build or work, and you're not using amdgpu-pro, please let me know and I'll address it asap (feel free to create bugs at bugs.gentoo.org too).
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candrews wrote:
You have a problem with amdgpu-pro... please work with that package to resolve that issue. On that note, that package isn't even in Portage.

If you have a change to the Kodi ebuild that will resolve this issue for you, and it doesn't break Kodi for others, I'm happy to consider it for inclusion - but otherwise, I don't consider your issue to be a problem with Kodi; it's a problem with amdgpu-pro.

Also, notably, I can't reproduce these errors, and I've tried with different versions of mesa with different use flags. If there is a use flag combination that fails to build or work, and you're not using amdgpu-pro, please let me know and I'll address it asap (feel free to create bugs at bugs.gentoo.org too).

OK, so, just for me to understand better:
1) Does Kodi-17 compile on your machine with mesa-17.1?
2) Does Kodi-17 (with whatever mesa) correctly play bluray menus?

Please consider that even if I switch to the open drivers (i.e., mesa with the appropriate flags), still, on my machine, Kodi-17 does not compile with mesa-17.1.
Also, bluray menus worked fine with Kodi-16, so I think it's safe to say problem n. 2 is neither due to mesa nor to the graphics driver.
candrews
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:

OK, so, just for me to understand better:
1) Does Kodi-17 compile on your machine with mesa-17.1?
2) Does Kodi-17 (with whatever mesa) correctly play bluray menus?

Please consider that even if I switch to the open drivers (i.e., mesa with the appropriate flags), still, on my machine, Kodi-17 does not compile with mesa-17.1.
Also, bluray menus worked fine with Kodi-16, so I think it's safe to say problem n. 2 is neither due to mesa nor to the graphics driver.

1. Yes, it does compile and run against mesa 17.1 (and I talked to upsteam on IRC, they have also tested this scenario and confirmed it works).
2. I don't have any bluray media (I don't even have any optical media) so I can't test this scenario regarding menus, unfortunately.

Based on the info you've provided, I suggest you try building Mesa with USE=gbm and see if that helps. You should also reach out to amdgpu-pro and see if they can assist.
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candrews wrote:

1. Yes, it does compile and run against mesa 17.1 (and I talked to upsteam on IRC, they have also tested this scenario and confirmed it works).
2. I don't have any bluray media (I don't even have any optical media) so I can't test this scenario regarding menus, unfortunately.
Based on the info you've provided, I suggest you try building Mesa with USE=gbm and see if that helps. You should also reach out to amdgpu-pro and see if they can assist.

OK, thanks, so, as for mesa, it was compiled as follows
Code:
media-libs/mesa-17.1.1::gentoo  USE="classic dri3 egl gallium gbm llvm nptl opencl openmax osmesa vaapi vdpau wayland xa xvmc -bindist -d3d9 -debug -gles1 -gles2 -pax_kernel -pic (-selinux) -unwind -valgrind -vulkan" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" VIDEO_CARDS="radeonsi (-freedreno) -i915 -i965 -imx -intel -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -r600 -radeon (-vc4) (-vivante) -vmware"

Concerning the amgdpu-pro... actually, I'm taking care of it. I just got the official code from amd, fixed the mistakes it and patched it where needed and created my own ebuild, so bottom line, it's my problem. :P However, as I was noting above, even getting rid of it I still can't compile Kodi-17, which means that I must be doing something else wrong.

About the blurays... I guess I'll have to wait.
enZom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running the stable mesa and I can't get any version of kodi 17 or even the 9999 to compile...

Hell, the version I have now segfaults after the last sync update and there's 0 older version available, which is batshit imo, security issues or not.

Crossing my fingers for a working update!
candrews
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enZom wrote:
Running the stable mesa and I can't get any version of kodi 17 or even the 9999 to compile...

Hell, the version I have now segfaults after the last sync update and there's 0 older version available, which is batshit imo, security issues or not.

Crossing my fingers for a working update!

Can you post:
* the output of "emerge --info"
* the build log of the failed kodi emerge
* the exact version of mesa

I'll see what I can do to help.
enZom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candrews wrote:

Can you post:
* the output of "emerge --info"
* the build log of the failed kodi emerge
* the exact version of mesa

I'll see what I can do to help.

Her ya go n Thx!
mesa version, 17.0.6

The build log is like 3 megs, got a fav paste site?

Code:
Portage 2.3.6 (python 3.4.5-final-0, hardened/linux/amd64/no-multilib, gcc-5.4.0-vanilla, glibc-2.23-r4, 4.8.17-hardened-r2 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.8.17-hardened-r2-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i3-4130T_CPU_@_2.90GHz-with-gentoo-2.3
KiB Mem:    15301688 total,   3367576 free
KiB Swap:    1048572 total,   1040536 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 13:30:01 +0000
sh bash 4.3_p48-r1
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.28 p1.2) 2.28
app-shells/bash:          4.3_p48-r1::gentoo
dev-java/java-config:     2.2.0-r3::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.24.1-r2::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.12::gentoo, 3.4.5::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.7.2::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.28-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.3::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:          0.17::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.10-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13::gentoo, 2.69::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.11.6-r1::gentoo, 1.15-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.28-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            5.4.0-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.7.3::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.2.1::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.4::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.23-r4::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -mtune=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -mtune=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=y"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fail-clean fixlafiles merge-sync news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/gentoo/"
LANG="en_US"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="acl alsa amd64 berkdb bindist bzip2 cli cracklib crypt cryptsetup cxx dri gdbm hardened iconv justify mmx modules ncurses nls nptl openmp pam pax_kernel pcre pie readline seccomp session sse sse2 ssl ssp tcpd unicode urandom xattr xtpax zlib" ABI_X86="64" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan sheets stage tables krita karbon braindump author" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php5-6" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres9_5" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_4" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby21 ruby22" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="intel i965" XFCE_PLUGINS="brightness clock trash" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, USE_PYTHON
candrews
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enZom wrote:

Use whatever you like. As long as I can get it, I don't care :)
enZom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candrews wrote:
enZom wrote:

Use whatever you like. As long as I can get it, I don't care :)

Sent via the pony express, Thanks!
candrews
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The relevant portion of your build log appears to be:
undefined reference to `TiXmlDocument::StreamIn(std::istream*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >*)'

What version of dev-libs/tinyxml are you using?

Could you try emerge -1 dev-libs/tinyxml then emerge kodi again? If it fails, can you just post the bottom of the log file, just the section with the error info would be sufficient.

Also, why do you believe this is related to mesa? Are you able to emerge Kodi with a different version of mesa?
enZom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candrews wrote:
The relevant portion of your build log appears to be:
undefined reference to `TiXmlDocument::StreamIn(std::istream*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >*)'

What version of dev-libs/tinyxml are you using?

Could you try emerge -1 dev-libs/tinyxml then emerge kodi again? If it fails, can you just post the bottom of the log file, just the section with the error info would be sufficient.

Also, why do you believe this is related to mesa? Are you able to emerge Kodi with a different version of mesa?

The tinyxml version = 2.6.2-r2
I'll run the emerge -1 etc. now Thx!
enZom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build failed, I sent the build log again. Thx!
candrews
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enZom wrote:

This time the error is with pcre, you need to emerge dev-libs/libpcre again.

You should look at https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1035384.html - it appears you have updated GCC but haven't rebuilt as necessary as the news item says to do. Specifically, I believe you need to run:
Code:
revdep-rebuild -pvv --library 'libstdc\+\+\.so\.6' -- --exclude gcc
enZom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candrews wrote:
enZom wrote:

You should look at https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1035384.html - it appears you have updated GCC but haven't rebuilt as necessary as the news item says to do. Specifically, I believe you need to run:
Code:
revdep-rebuild -pvv --library 'libstdc\+\+\.so\.6' -- --exclude gcc

libpcre just got rebuild, I also ran the revdep-rebuild and the response was "Your system is consistent". 0 rebuilds were done.

I"m running the kodi emerge again now. I'll read a bit of that thread in the meantime, thx!
enZom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candrews wrote:
enZom wrote:

It worked! lol thanks m8!

After re-emerging libpcre it went flawlessly, starts up, plays vids etc.

Thanks again m8! Seriously cheers!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: