Time.conf, pam_time.so, and K.D.E. 5/kscreenlocker
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keet
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Time.conf, pam_time.so, and K.D.E. 5/kscreenlocker Reply with quote

I enabled the pam_time.so module in /etc/pam.d and configured the access times in /etc/security/time.conf. It works for the most part; the users cannot log in except when I specify. However, if they have a locked K.D.E. 5 session, they can unlock it even during the unrestricted times. I tried adding the 'account required pam_time.so' to /etc/pam.d/kde and kde-np (as well as various other files in that directory), but it didn't work; the users can still unlock their accounts during restricted times.

I know that I could simply terminate processes at the beginning of the restricted times, but I would rather make pam_time.so work properly. Does anyone here know how to make this work?
gerdesj
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Time.conf, pam_time.so, and K.D.E. 5/kscreenlocker Reply with quote

keet wrote:
I enabled the pam_time.so module in /etc/pam.d and configured the access times in /etc/security/time.conf. It works for the most part; the users cannot log in except when I specify. However, if they have a locked K.D.E. 5 session, they can unlock it even during the unrestricted times. I tried adding the 'account required pam_time.so' to /etc/pam.d/kde and kde-np (as well as various other files in that directory), but it didn't work; the users can still unlock their accounts during restricted times.

I know that I could simply terminate processes at the beginning of the restricted times, but I would rather make pam_time.so work properly. Does anyone here know how to make this work?

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this? Describe it in English, rather than nerd-ese, that will make it easier to help out. eg "Our workstations should only be used between x and y by end users (group membership description). Access is via ssh and SDDM only. The "admin group" should be allowed access at all times. We don't/do care if work is lost by forcefully logging someone out" etc etc

Cheers
Jon
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: