no favicons in akregator after libkonq removal
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tholin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: no favicons in akregator after libkonq removal Reply with quote

A bunch of kde stuff was masked for removal some days ago:
Code:
# Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@gentoo.org> (06 May 2017)
# Follow-up to 16.12.3 stabilisation - the remaining split
# kde-baseapps are now either part of konqueror:5 or obsolete.
# Masked for removal in 30 days.
kde-apps/kdepasswd
kde-apps/kfmclient
kde-apps/konq-plugins
kde-apps/libkonq
kde-apps/nsplugins
kde-apps/plasma-apps

I removed all the stuff including libkonq because it was only needed by my outdated konqueror version. After that kde-apps/akregator-4.14.11_pre20160611 doesn't show any favicons. Instead it prints errors like this:
Code:
akregator(25481) Akregator::FeedIconManager::Private::loadIcon: Couldn't reach favicon service. Request favicon for  KUrl("http://www.youtube.com/")  failed

Reinstalling libkonq brings back /usr/lib64/kde4/kded_favicons.so and favicons in akregator.
Is this a bug, intentional breakage or has the favicons.so moved to some other package?

Perhaps I should also point out that the only reason I had konqueror installed was because kde-apps/konq-plugins depended on it and I wanted the fsview program from konq-plugins. fsview is now part of kde-apps/konqueror:5 and it pulls in qtwebengine so I have to pull in an entire extra copy of webkit just for fsview.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: no favicons in akregator after libkonq removal Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately, libkonq:4 is conflicting with konqueror:5, so this would be creating an unsolvable blocker for stable users installing kde-apps-meta. To find out if a fix is at all feasible, we'd have to look at wether kded_favicons.so is able to be split out of libkonq at build-time.

tholin wrote:
Perhaps I should also point out that the only reason I had konqueror installed was because kde-apps/konq-plugins depended on it and I wanted the fsview program from konq-plugins. fsview is now part of kde-apps/konqueror:5 and it pulls in qtwebengine so I have to pull in an entire extra copy of webkit just for fsview.

Please check out kde-apps/filelight as a possible replacement.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: