Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[solved] wine - ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpect.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Utsuho Reiuji
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: [solved] wine - ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpect. Reply with quote

So I emerged the new wine package "wine-any" with both the staging and d3d9 useflags (according to the eselect news, this should be possible). This however could not properly install:
Code:
 * Messages for package app-emulation/wine-any-2.5:

* Applying the Wine-Staging patchset. Any bug reports to the
 * Wine bugzilla should explicitly state that staging was used.
 * The ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly. This type of
 * behavior is known to be triggered by things such as failed variable
 * assignments (bug #190128) or bad substitution errors (bug #200313).
 * Normally, before exiting, bash should have displayed an error message
 * above. If bash did not produce an error message above, it's possible
 * that the ebuild has called `exit` when it should have called `die`
 * instead. This behavior may also be triggered by a corrupt bash binary or
 * a hardware problem such as memory or cpu malfunction. If the problem is
 * not reproducible or it appears to occur randomly, then it is likely to
 * be triggered by a hardware problem. If you suspect a hardware problem
 * then you should try some basic hardware diagnostics such as memtest.
 * Please do not report this as a bug unless it is consistently
 * reproducible and you are sure that your bash binary and hardware are
 * functioning properly.

Since this is repeatable and the other 107 packages could be emerged without problem, I take my hardware is fine. I tried to emerge this individually, but that didn't work either. Anyone else encountered this problem?
Oh, and those two bugs mentioned, they are marked as 'resolved fixed', so that's probably not the culprit either...

Last edited by Utsuho Reiuji on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
i92guboj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to see the actual error, which is probably above that output.

Scroll back and look carefully for it.
Utsuho Reiuji
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda clueless in this case since this never happened before and the make output doesn't show any errors (or I'm not able to see them). The last bit where install should get invoked:
Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/work/wine-2.5-abi_x86_64.amd64/tools/wrc'
/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/work/wine-2.5/tools/install-sh -m 644  /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/work/wine-2.5/loader/l_intl.nls /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/image//usr/share/wine-d3d9-2.5/wine/l_intl.nls
/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/work/wine-2.5/tools/install-sh -m 644  /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/work/wine-2.5/loader/wine.desktop /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/image//usr/share/wine-d3d9-2.5/applications/wine.desktop
 * PT_PAX marking -psmr /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/image/usr/lib/wine-d3d9-2.5/bin/wine64 with scanelf
 * PT_PAX marking -psmr /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/image/usr/lib/wine-d3d9-2.5/bin/wine64-preloader with scanelf
 * XATTR_PAX marking -psmre /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/image/usr/lib/wine-d3d9-2.5/bin/wine64 with setfattr
 * XATTR_PAX marking -psmre /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/image/usr/lib/wine-d3d9-2.5/bin/wine64-preloader with setfattr
/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/temp/environment: line 4024: no match: /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-d3d9-2.5/image/usr/share/wine-d3d9-2.5/man/pl*

The next lines are the same as in my previous post. Oh, and in this case, I tried to install one of the other wine packages to see if that problem persists. While writing this, I'm emerging wine-staging to see if that works.
i92guboj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be somewhere above that. If you can't see the error, don't be afraid to paste a big part of the output. If not, you can always take the build log, put it in pastebin or something like that and place a link to it here.

The last part of the portage output, when there's an error, should tell you where the build .log file is. Usually, somewhere under /var/tmp/portage, but it depends on your particular setup. That should be near the first output you posted.
Utsuho Reiuji
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing is massive, with 4 MB filesize, I had to pick another website to paste it:
https://paste.ee/p/xTlnj

Normally, I'm able to pinpoint the problem, but in this case, the build.log doesn't seem to contain an actual error report...
Also warning, opening this link will lag a lot...
Chiitoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Had some difficulties with loading that page indeed, but eventually managed to download the file.

I used 'app-text/wgetpaste' to paste it elsewhere as well, with the hope of it loading up better, but it does take a while there too. Here's a direct link to the 'raw' form for the best(?) results.

The 'environment' file might be interesting, too.

As a sidey-note, I noticed the distinct lack of 'abi_x86_32' in the USE-flags area... are you sure you want a 64-bit only Wine? :]

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.
NP-Hardass
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: wine - ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly Reply with quote

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:

Since this is repeatable and the other 107 packages could be emerged without problem, I take my hardware is fine. I tried to emerge this individually, but that didn't work either. Anyone else encountered this problem?
Oh, and those two bugs mentioned, they are marked as 'resolved fixed', so that's probably not the culprit either...

That bug report was resolved with out a rev bump in two stages. Just in the event that this is a function of being between those commits, can you emerge --sync and try again? (The error looks like something that might have arisen from that statee, but I'm not positive). If it still fails, please file a bug with emerge --info, full build.log like you uploaded here, and your /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-${VARIANT}-${PV}/temp/environment file
Utsuho Reiuji
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: wine - ebuild phase 'install' has exited unexpectedly Reply with quote

NP-Hardass wrote:
That bug report was resolved with out a rev bump in two stages. Just in the event that this is a function of being between those commits, can you emerge --sync and try again? (The error looks like something that might have arisen from that statee, but I'm not positive). If it still fails, please file a bug with emerge --info, full build.log like you uploaded here, and your /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-${VARIANT}-${PV}/temp/environment file

After syncing and re-emerging, wine-any could be installed with the use flags I wanted... Damn, why didn't I think of this myself >.<

Oh and thanks Chiitoo, I forgot updating my abi_x86_32 package.use file with the new wine packages and did so before emerging.
Chiitoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great that the issue was solved by that, instead of it being some mysterious critter! :]

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: