Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Hitman's Bodyguard
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Hitman's Bodyguard Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/F4Afusxc2SM

Quote:
This guy single-handedly ruined the word motherfucker

_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell

It just keeps getting better
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17297

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't continue when Whitney started. Otherwise looked good.
_________________
The whole system has to go. The modern criminal justice system is incompatible with Neuroscience. --Sapolsky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Couldn't continue when Whitney started. Otherwise looked good.
That is what made it so funny.
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell

It just keeps getting better
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 131
Location: India

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
pjp wrote:
Couldn't continue when Whitney started. Otherwise looked good.
That is what made it so funny.
++

Although you shouldn't have had to explain it.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 686
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F*** YEAH

This one looks fun.
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 14 Jun 2002
Posts: 1375
Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
F*** YEAH

This one looks fun.


I'm excited to see it!
_________________
mcgruff wrote:
I can't promise to be civil.


pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 24
Location: Dominican Republic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpool protecting Jules Winnfield, this might be the most epic movie release for the decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17297

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
pjp wrote:
Couldn't continue when Whitney started. Otherwise looked good.
That is what made it so funny.
Funny like flying United.
_________________
The whole system has to go. The modern criminal justice system is incompatible with Neuroscience. --Sapolsky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Old School wrote:
pjp wrote:
Couldn't continue when Whitney started. Otherwise looked good.
That is what made it so funny.
Funny like flying United.
You have no sense of humor. :P
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell

It just keeps getting better
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17297

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing about hearing her is funny.
_________________
The whole system has to go. The modern criminal justice system is incompatible with Neuroscience. --Sapolsky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
desultory
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 8984

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Old School wrote:
That is what made it so funny.
++

Although you shouldn't have had to explain it.
If you are going to explain a joke, do not take half measures.

GabrielYYZ wrote:
Deadpool protecting Jules Winnfield, this might be the most epic movie release for the decade.
Are you sure that it is not a Hal Jordan and Elmo McElroy buddy movie?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 24
Location: Dominican Republic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
notageek wrote:
Old School wrote:
That is what made it so funny.
++

Although you shouldn't have had to explain it.
If you are going to explain a joke, do not take half measures.

GabrielYYZ wrote:
Deadpool protecting Jules Winnfield, this might be the most epic movie release for the decade.
Are you sure that it is not a Hal Jordan and Elmo McElroy buddy movie?


I'm not gonna lie, had to Wikipedia "Elmo McElroy" but i like Ryan Reynolds too much to associate it with the Green Lantern movie. I've never seen "The 51st State"/"Formula 51" but, going by the IMDB reviews, it looks like a fun film, nothing too serious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
desultory
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 8984

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GabrielYYZ wrote:
I'm not gonna lie, had to Wikipedia "Elmo McElroy" but i like Ryan Reynolds too much to associate it with the Green Lantern movie. I've never seen "The 51st State"/"Formula 51" but, going by the IMDB reviews, it looks like a fun film, nothing too serious.
So I should have paired Richard Messner and Nick Fury or Hannibal King and Augustus Gibbons, just for you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 24
Location: Dominican Republic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
GabrielYYZ wrote:
I'm not gonna lie, had to Wikipedia "Elmo McElroy" but i like Ryan Reynolds too much to associate it with the Green Lantern movie. I've never seen "The 51st State"/"Formula 51" but, going by the IMDB reviews, it looks like a fun film, nothing too serious.
So I should have paired Richard Messner and Nick Fury or Hannibal King and Augustus Gibbons, just for you?


I would've preferred Van Wilder and Zeus Carver. Since RR's character's name in this film is, apparently, Van Piper, it would work. :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
desultory
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 8984

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GabrielYYZ wrote:
I would've preferred Van Wilder and Zeus Carver. Since RR's character's name in this film is, apparently, Van Piper, it would work. :D
Matt Weston and Lucius Best, but that is my final offer, since George Lutz and Mace Windu somehow seems like pushing it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 24
Location: Dominican Republic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
GabrielYYZ wrote:
I would've preferred Van Wilder and Zeus Carver. Since RR's character's name in this film is, apparently, Van Piper, it would work. :D
Matt Weston and Lucius Best, but that is my final offer, since George Lutz and Mace Windu somehow seems like pushing it.


I'll trade you Lucius Best (Animation, meh.) for Danny Roman and it's a deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
desultory
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 8984

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GabrielYYZ wrote:
I'll trade you Lucius Best (Animation, meh.) for Danny Roman and it's a deal.
That works for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the poster was a photoshop joke.

Apparently, it's an actual film.

Can't wait.
_________________
He who calls for full employment calls for war!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 439
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Netflixed it.

Pants, plus Coventry doesn't even vaguely look like that.
_________________
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3343

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Just Netflixed it.

Pants, plus Coventry doesn't even vaguely look like that.
Coventry is as bad as Wolverhampton
_________________
"Sex: breakfast of champions" - James Hunt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum