Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Plasma auto-start issue (well annoyance really)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbassie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Plasma auto-start issue (well annoyance really) Reply with quote

Ever since upgrading to 5.8.5 I've had issues with kmix, yakuake and the battery monitor not always starting at log in. This doesn't always happen and it's not always all of them. A few ctrl+alt+backspace's and they'll eventually start (although that's annoying). Also they run fine once they're up and never crash.
I've held off on asking for help on this as I'd hoped it was a bug somewhere and that an update might make the problem go away. Updated today to plasma-desktop-5.8.6 and the issue persists.

Should probably mention if I try to start any of them in systemsettings-> startup and shutdown nothing happens. Starting e.g yakuake from a terminal works.

This is happening on more than one computer so it's almost certainly a ballsup on my part and not a bug...I just don't have a clue where that ballsup may lay.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.
LIsLinuxIsSogood
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbassie, you mentioned that you recently upgraded from 5.8.5 to 5.8.6, plasma. What were you running previous to that and was it working or were these tools never properly implemented in the first place? I just want to get some more background before I can make a suggestion.
mrbassie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember all the versions but all my plasma packages are stable not ~arch. I did have an issue with kmix when I first did the plasma 4 to 5 upgrade with no volume icon (at all), this problem went away with 5.6.5. I update my systems regularly so I've been through every stable plasma-desktop. Everything was fine up until 5.8.6.
LIsLinuxIsSogood
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be sure my advice is going to be of any help... a list of some suggested routes for you to take (probably do them in order because it will save time doing so).

1) If you haven't tried it already, uninstall and reinstall some (or all) of the problem packages...
2) Maybe somehwere in the timing of the startup scripts, could be a place to look if you want to patch it up yourself
3) If you have to otherwise file a bug with the developer since it would appear the problem could be update related.
:twisted:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: