Touchpad problem.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bumbleebee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Touchpad problem. Reply with quote

Good day, all!
A week ago I began to study Linux with Gentoo. There were some troubles, but documentation is very good and I managed to solve them. But now i have a problem that i can not resolve.
Installed system (Acer Aspire V 13) does not see toucpad.

When I load from rescuecd, touchpad is there. There is output of dmesg https://paste.pound-python.org/show/DFB8IS4WqnNjs7f0n6y2/ and output of cat /proc/bus/input/devices https://paste.pound-python.org/show/L1MaARKcc8hbIG9upxTy/.

When I load from installed system, touchpad is absent. There is output of dmesg https://paste.pound-python.org/show/Azap7pNhVXuWnoOEmB6M/ and output of cat /proc/bus/input/devices https://paste.pound-python.org/show/wFkQUQyrKpnIilmBbMBT/. There is so few devices in comparsion with rescuecd (.

My /etc/portage/make.conf contains INPUT_DEVICES="synaptics evdev". Synaptics drivers are installed. I check rescuecd USE variables, it contains "libinput mouse keyboard" in INPUT_DEVICES. I tryed to change with emerge --changed-use --deep @world, but with no success.

There is my kernel option https://paste.pound-python.org/show/rNuWOByAYii3XcT4Rz9f/.

I will be grateful for any help.

Best regards.
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

livecd

Code:
lsmod

Quote:
[ 13.975066] hid-multitouch 0018:06CB:2991.0001: input,hidraw0: I2C HID v1.00 Mouse [SYN1B7F:00 06CB:2991] on i2c-SYN1B7F:00

Do you have

I2C in your kernel

Quote:
[ 14.084524] acer_wmi: Acer Laptop ACPI-WMI Extras
[ 14.084606] acer_wmi: Function bitmap for Communication Button: 0x801
[ 14.096919] acer_wmi: Enabling Launch Manager failed: 0xe4 - 0x0
[ 14.097491] input: Acer WMI hotkeys as /devices/virtual/input/input7
[ 14.098317] input: Acer BMA150 accelerometer as /devices/virtual/input/input8

ACER_WMI + WMI stuff should be also enabled

--

You can view the kernel config from your livecd with

Code:
zcat /proc/config.gz

So you can compare this with your config and maybe you will find quite fast the differences...
Bumbleebee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Roman. Thank you for answer.

I have I2C in kernel. I also managed to get touchpad to work with i8042.nopnp option in kernel. But i have a trouble with acer_wmi. Menuconfig says that ACER WMI Laptop Extras is in Device Drivers -> X86 Platform Specific Device Drivers, but i dont see it there. How can i get it?
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumbleebee,

Welcome to Gentoo.

The kernel help says
Code:
 │ CONFIG_ACER_WMI:                                                                                                   │ 
  │                                                                                                                    │ 
  │ This is a driver for newer Acer (and Wistron) laptops. It adds                                                     │ 
  │ wireless radio and bluetooth control, and on some laptops,                                                         │ 
  │ exposes the mail LED and LCD backlight.                                                                            │ 
  │                                                                                                                    │ 
  │ If you have an ACPI-WMI compatible Acer/ Wistron laptop, say Y or M                                                │ 
  │ here.                                                                                                              │ 
  │ Symbol: ACER_WMI [=n]                                                                                              │ 
  │ Type  : tristate                                                                                                   │ 
  │ Prompt: Acer WMI Laptop Extras                                                                                     │ 
  │   Location:                                                                                                        │ 
  │     -> Device Drivers                                                                                              │ 
  │       -> X86 Platform Specific Device Drivers (X86_PLATFORM_DEVICES [=y])                                          │ 
  │   Defined at drivers/platform/x86/Kconfig:18                                                                       │ 
  │   Depends on: X86 [=y] && X86_PLATFORM_DEVICES [=y] && ACPI [=y] && \                                              │ 
  │ BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE [=y] && SERIO_I8042 [=y] && INPUT [=y] && (\                                                │ 
  │ RFKILL [=n] || RFKILL [=n]=n) && ACPI_WMI [=y]                                                                     │ 
  │   Selects: LEDS_CLASS [=y] && NEW_LEDS [=y] && INPUT_SPARSEKMAP [=m] && \                                          │ 
  │ ACPI_VIDEO [=y]   
The option will be hidden until the Depends on: is true.

Code:
  │   Depends on: X86 [=y] && X86_PLATFORM_DEVICES [=y] && ACPI [=y] && \                                              │ 
  │ BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE [=y] && SERIO_I8042 [=y] && INPUT [=y] && (\                                                │ 
  │ RFKILL [=n] || RFKILL [=n]=n) && ACPI_WMI [=y]

All those things must be either <*> or <M>
Press / and enter the names to find out where they are.
The numbers on the left of the search results are shortcuts to take you to the option.

If you press z in menuconfig, it toggles the display of hidden options on and off
That lets you read their help.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
Bumbleebee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Neddy.
Now everything is working )
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: