How to make image for TOR lxc?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ayvango
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: How to make image for TOR lxc? Reply with quote

TOR is recommended to run under LXC. For security reasons and to make easier network routing. I would use libvirt to run LXC. The question is how should I get image for TOR?

TOR is installed on the host gentoo system. I need to grab all TOR-related files and make separate file system image with them. There are several possible strategies.

Variant 1: Take TOR binary, make ldd, include all listed libraries. That probably leave some dependencies unresolved. Get an error, see the log and add extra files. Pretty tedious.

Variant 2: Take TOR package and grab all dependencies recursively (use installed-package/CONTENT file to make list). Probably includes many unrelated staff (like gcc)

What is the most practical approach for generating TOR filesystem image? Had anyone solved the same problem already? How?
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayvango ...

you could use docker as container rather than LXC, gentoo provides app-emulation/docker, and app-emulation/s6-overlay, so a docker image similar to this (alpine based) (15mb) image could be created.

I'm actually not very familar with the process, or containers in general, so I offer the above simply as something to look into, and ponder.

best ... khay
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: