Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
x11-base/llvm* fails to compile on 179th or 182nd package.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roboto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: x11-base/llvm* fails to compile on 179th or 182nd package. Reply with quote

This is my first post. Is this the correct subforum to post? ':?:'

Please post relevant answers and tell me what my topics are supposed to be like.

Now, according to the topic, I successfully installed gentoo on my system, but X.org seems to be a problem. I've done the command: emerge --ask x11-base/xorg-server. Then, once it reaches the x11-base/llvm-3.7.1-r3 in this package there are 1126 packages in total, and particularly the 178th, 179th, and 182nd package fail to compile. When they do fail to compile, I would type:

emerge --resume

It resumes the package compilation; nevertheless, it still fails to compile.

The 178th or 179th or 182nd packages look like this:

[178/1126] /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -Ilib/IR -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/llvm-3.7.1-r3/work/llvm-3.7.1.src/lib/IR -Iinclude -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/llvm-3.7.1-r3/work/llvm-3.7.1.src/include -DNDEBUG -march=native -02 -pipe -fPIC -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wno-missing-field-initializers -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-maybe-uninitialized -Wno-comment -Werror=date-time -std=c++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata -fPIC -MD -MT lib/IR/CMakeFiles/LLVMCore.dir/Metadata.cpp.o -MF lib/IR/CMakeFiles/LLVMCore.dir/Metadata.cpp.o.d -o lib/IR/CMakeFiles/LLVMCore.dir/Metadata.cpp.o -c /var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/llvm-3.7.1-r3/work/llvm-3.7.1.src/lib/IR/Metadata.cpp

The "-march=native -02 -pipe" options are found in the CFLAGS variable in my make.conf file. All three packages (178th, 179th, and 182nd) are for Metadata.

Any answer will help! Thank you.

Edit: I am using Intel graphics drivers and i915. They both are in the VIDEO_CARDS variable in the make.conf file.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must not duplicate the post if the place if wrong, but you can click on "Report this topic" (on top of thread) and say that you want move thread in another place. When a moderator see your report will move (only moderator and sysadmin can move thread).
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming to Duplicate Threads as the OP was cross-posting to multiple subforums.

- John
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: