some questions on bridging
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danboston
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: some questions on bridging Reply with quote

So I've been trying to figure out network bridges for LXC containers. Despite reading https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LXC I have some questions on bridging.

1. I use network manager, which means that one could switch from ethernet to wifi to another wifi at a moments notice. How does that affect bridging? Does the bridge need to handle two physical internets at once? Or does network-manager present a virtual network device that I must then bridge to the LXC container?

2. If I run more than one container, does each need a separate bridge? Can more than one bridge be attached to a network device at the same time?

I've got more questions, I must confess some confusion, but I think I'll leave it at just those two. For all I know, the answers to these two will answer the others.

Thank you.

p.s. edit: not sure if it matters, but running the stable 64-bit version of gentoo.
Schnulli
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait.....
bridging is allways a routing thing.. Network A needs to know Network B and also the Route into......
Dont waiste Time.. ipcop is a stable bridge...install it an sniff the iptable and route tables .. thats all
easy to understand it
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: