Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Icon colors are all messed up, ugly pink / red, ideas?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NTU
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am    Post subject: Icon colors are all messed up, ugly pink / red, ideas? Reply with quote

Hi all, I filed a bug here: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=603858

Here is a screenshot of my desktop: https://603858.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=457498

Any ideas on how to solve this, has anybody even seen this issue before? I haven't had color issues with Linux since the early 00s. It's a really disgusting color, a really bad mix of red and pink and just..... <insert vomit smiley here> Thank you!!!
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which gpu / gpu driver + version

Amd has some issues recently, there are even patches out there.

--

Bad cable? bad connectors?

is everything fine when you use a livecd ?
NTU
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad cable / connectors would make sense if it was normal in a Gimp screenshot and the colors were only off once it hit the screen, and it was a CRT TV, not a digital monitor connected via HDMI, but that image was a desktop screenshot. Even if the system was headless but X was still started, the colors would still appear normal from within the system.

Same version of X and video drivers that I've been using for months, never was a problem before. Also, colors are fine, it's only the theme icons that are messed up. Viewing images in a browser are fine, same with the colors of other things on the desktop, like the image of the sound card in the sound settings. The green is entirely normal from within the sound settings. This is purely a DE/theme/gsettings problem. Blacks and whites appear normal in LightDM itself as well, only after you login do the odd colors appear.

If anyone has any advice on debugging this??? It's issues like these with Linux that are borderline impossible to debug unless you've had the same thing happen to you. Fresh install of Gentoo did not fix the problem.

I highlighted all the areas where the colors are correct with green boxes: https://s23.postimg.org/778iz9x7v/desktop.jpg
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we already have at least two threads here about this, how about searching the forums before posting. A bug was filed with upstream.
NTU
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover I admire your sarcasm. Unfortunately my photos of my desktop and where the red is not identical at all to the other photos that were uploaded, that's why I started a new thread. Also, there was not a bug report that I could find in regards to my issue no matter how my search query was written. Mind you, I have a language disorder and I word things differently from other people, so unlike you, I do not word things the same way the average person would, therefor do not get results, unless I happen to be very lucky.

If you can find me a picture of someone's desktop that looks a lot like mine at the date of when I started this thread, then so be it, but from what I could find, there weren't any. I did in fact do my best to avoid a duplicate thread, but nothing seemed close at all to mine. Now, how much of what I have said would be written like the average person would have? Please calm down and take your attitude elsewhere. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: