Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
|Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:18 am Post subject: google chrome browser waking up the display from off
|Here is a weird one!! My laptop (and desktop monitor) display wakes up randomly few seconds after it goes to sleep because of idle.
1. I quiesce the chrome processes, all of them using SIGSTOP (kill -STOP <pid>).
2. Turn off the display using 'xset s activate'
3. wait for it to wake...stays asleep
4. Make chrome runnable with SIGCONT signal to all chrome processes
5. Turn off the display using 'xset s activate'
6. wait for it to wake...wakes up within seconds
Repeat as many times I want.
So, fundamental question: is anyone else seeing this behavior too? I tried to close some sites like gmail, netflix, youtube etc. to see if it was limited to some websites I visit, but its not. Its the chrome browser itself. Weird!!!