Mini DLNA on DD-WRT
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Mini DLNA on DD-WRT Reply with quote

I run DD-WRT v25697 on my home's router. This build includes a MiniDLNA server, which I have setup to share videos and music files on a USB stick plugged into the router. I've tested with both my computer (dual booting Gentoo and Windows 10), my Galaxy S5, and an iPad all running their respective versions of VLC. Interestingly, videos will play on both the iPad and S5 just fine, but will not play on either Gentoo or Windows. I've tried playing videos 2 ways:

In the first way I try opening the video directly. I go to Media -> Open File -> {browse to and select file} -> Open. In both Windows and Linux nothing happens afterward.

The second way is using UPnP. I go to View -> Playlist -> Universal Plug n Play (on the left). In Windows I get a loading icon that goes away after about 10-20 seconds without anything new going into its place. In Gentoo the program freezes and the following error repeats endlessly in the command line:

Code:
total jobs = 100 too; many jobs

An online search found that this is an error in the libupnp code that appears to have been fixed a few years ago (there isn't anything recent that I could find). I tried upgrading to the newest/unstable version of libupnp and rebuilding VLC, but still didn't have any luck.

Anyone know more about this issue? Should I try another media player instead?

Also: in Linux the following output is given in the console when the program starts:
Code:
VLC media player 2.2.4 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.3-37-g888b7e89)
[000000000247e248] core services discovery error: socket bind error: Invalid argument
[00000000023a4118] core libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
[0000000002484a48] qt4 interface error: Unable to load extensions module
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After testing in Gentoo, testing in Windows, posting this thread in Windows, and rebooting to Gentoo I'm finding that the 'find file, open file' seems to be working now (not sure why it isn't in Windows, though). However, UPNP is still not working. It will actually show the router as a UPnP device (which I would expect) however clicking/double clicking does not do anything...
mani001
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread...but, anyway, did you manage to solve this? I have mini-dlna running in a Gentoo machine, but using vlc in another Gentoo machine I cannot "see" the files. I can in Android's vlc, though...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: