[Solved] Can't find useflag although package sees it
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abduct
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: [Solved] Can't find useflag although package sees it Reply with quote

Preface: Trying to upgrade ruby to ruby21 following the wiki, do I need to emerge world or is there another way to bring the ruby21 package into my system?

I am trying to upgrade from ruby20 to ruby21 so I modified my make.conf as per the wiki and attempted a emerge --ask --update --deep --newuse @world. In doing so emerge said that the package cryptsetup has unmet dependencies which which is due to openssl and gcrypt both being enabled.

Code:
# emerge --ask --update --deep --newuse @world

* IMPORTANT: 3 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

* IMPORTANT: config file '/etc/portage/package.use/iputils' needs updating.
 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES section of the emerge
 * man page to learn how to update config files.

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies               t

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for sys-fs/cryptsetup from @selected                                                           ... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "sys-fs/cryptsetup" has unmet requirements.
- sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.7.2::gentoo USE="gcrypt nls openssl python reencrypt static-libs urandom -kernel (-libressl) -nettle -pwquality -static -udev" ABI_X86="64" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 -python3_4 -python3_5"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    exactly-one-of ( gcrypt kernel nettle openssl )

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    exactly-one-of ( gcrypt kernel nettle openssl ) python? ( any-of ( python_targets_python2_7 python_targets_python3_4 python_targets_python3_5 ) ) static? ( !gcrypt )

(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

The problem is, this useflag is not present in my make.conf, and when I do euse -a | grep gcrypt, I do not get any results.

Although if I do USE="-gcrypt" emerge -a cryptsetup, it allows me to install the package.

So the question is, where is this use flag being stored, and how can I see if some other packages accidentally used gcrypt rather than openssl.

Last edited by abduct on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are default USE flags set in the ebuild, if you do not like the defaults you need to override.

Code:
equery h <flag>

ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if a use flag isn't in your make.conf or package.use/*; then the only other locations that it will be set is from your profile or it's enabled by default in the ebuild... In this case, without double checking, it is very good chance gcrypt is being enabled from the package's ebuild itself (as one of those 3 needs to be enabled by default, in this case the dev picked gcrypt).

You can always see what packages has the gcrypt use flag using equery (from gentoolkit), it should be fairly straight forward to figure out which option to use from the man page...
abduct
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. After the hint about ebuilds enabling specific uses by default I managed to figure it out.

Using "equery uses cryptsetup" I discovered that it was in fact using gcrypt and not openssl (gcrypt being not in my configs and openssl being included). After I realized that I used "euse -D openssl -p sys-fs/cryptsetup" to disable openssl for the cryptsetup package. Everything is fine now since the package has been working with the uses set for a long time so I don't have a need to disable gcrypt.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: