View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLarsen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Plasma/Device Notifier and non-removable drives [SOLVED] Reply with quote

For some reason, the Device Notifier in Plasma-5 (and KDE4 before the upgrade), thinks some of my non-removable drivers are in fact removable. My / and /home partitions are always shown in the Device Notifier, though naturally I get an error if I try to remove them as user (not that I would want to).
Strangely enough, the rest of my partitions are NOT shown. Also, it does show actual removable devices as it should.

Is there some way to hide them or make Plasma understand that they are not removable? Maybe there are some left-over configs from my KDE4 installation that Plasma now uses? As a side question, is it safe to remove the .kde and .kde4 folders after the Plasma-5 upgrade?

EDIT: Solution in 3rd post.

Last edited by KLarsen on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
djdunn
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe if you open dolphin on the left side at the bottom you will see your "removable drives" there. You can right click them there in dolphin and hide it.

You can remove the .kde directory and it might be smart to cleanup for a fresh plasma5 experience but know that your kde settings and such will go with it and a new .kde directory will be created on your next login of kde
“Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good and just and beautiful.”

― Plato
KLarsen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This only hides it from Dolphin, not the Device Notifier. I've narrowed my problem down to udisks erroneously reporting the partitions as ejectable. Does anyone know how to correct this?
I've tried making a udev rule with the following in order to hide the partitions:
Code:
KERNEL="sdf2", ENV{UDISKS_IGNORE}="1"
KERNEL="sdf3", ENV{UDISKS_IGNORE}="1"

That doesn't seem to work, though.
EDIT: Yes it did, but udevadm control --reload was not enough, I had to log out and in again for it to take effect (DUH!).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: