View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xbittwiddler
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: ConsoleKit or AccountService issues? Reply with quote

Hello, I'm kind of stuck at the moment.

I've been dealing with a lot of strange issues in Plasma 5, since I first installed, but after my latest world update (~2 wks ago), I started noticing... actual problems. I keep losing authorization to disconnect an ethernet network or VPN on NetworkManager.... I frequently lose authentication to mount usb drives as my user... and suspend / hibernate don't work anymore unless i open a terminal and enter the root password.

I also noticed my Account Details page in systemsettings5 doesn't detect my user. Screenshot for clarity.

After some digging, I learned how AccountService (/usr/libexec/accounts-daemon) provides the org.freedeskop.Accounts interface on D-bus, so I started playing with that...

It turns out I can force it to see my user by one of two methods:
* By calling the following code:
Code:
qdbus --system org.freedesktop.Accounts /org/freedesktop/Accounts org.freedesktop.Accounts.FindUserById 1000
(this appears to reload /etc/passwd)
* By restarting AccountsService, manually in the console. However it later loses track of the user, and deletes its entry in the cache directory at /var/lib/AccountsService/users/

Another strange observation I've made is that on logging into my system via sddm, KDE and the rest of the desktop session is launched in a ConsoleKit session (I can see it with ck-list-sessions in the console), but after a certain amount of time, the session disappears and I start having permissions issues. Re-launching the consolekit session in a terminal, and re-launching plasmashell seems to fix it temporarily, until the shell closes or the consolekit session crashes on its own.

Is anyone else seeing this, or is this possibly a CFLAGS / gcc -march issue?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: