Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED]Portage sync python3_3 issue
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
spidark
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Sep 2011
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED]Portage sync python3_3 issue Reply with quote

Hallo all.
I'm having issues after running emerge --sync.
portage is trying to rebuild a whole lot of packages without python3_3 support including portage itself.
This was this morning, still an issue after a few hours.

Code:
[ebuild   R    ] sys-apps/portage-2.3.0::gentoo  USE="(ipc) xattr -build -doc -epydoc (-selinux)" LINGUAS="-ru" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4 (-pypy) (-python3_5) (-python3_3%)" 0 KiB


I tried another sync mirror, same issue.

Code:
eselect python list
Available Python interpreters:
  [1]   python2.7
  [2]   python3.4 *


Code:
sys-apps/portage
      Latest version available: 2.3.0
      Latest version installed: 2.3.0
      Unstable version:         9999
      Use Flags (stable):       +python_targets_python2_7  +python_targets_python3_4  +xattr  -build  -doc  -epydoc  -ipc  -linguas_ru  -python_targets_pypy  -python_targets_python3_5
      Size of downloaded files: 886 kB
      Homepage:    https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Portage
      Description: Portage is the package management and distribution system for Gentoo
      License:     GPL-2


Code:
  Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] y
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

!!! Digest verification failed:
!!! /usr/portage/app-crypt/qca/ChangeLog
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
!!! Got: 5471
!!! Expected: 5270

Did i miss something ??
Should i just wait it out ?
Thanks in advanced.
_________________
Laptop HP Pavilion G6 2310-SD Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz


Last edited by spidark on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OldTango
l33t
l33t


Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Posts: 628

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Portage sync python3_3 issue Reply with quote

spidark wrote:

Did i miss something ??
Should i just wait it out ?
Thanks in advanced.
I would assume its because, according to the change log
Code:
28 Oct 2016; -python-3.3.5-r3.ebuild, -python-3.3.5-r8.ebuild: remove 3.3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 23553
Location: here

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Portage sync python3_3 issue Reply with quote

OldTango wrote:
I would assume its because, according to the change log
Code:
28 Oct 2016; -python-3.3.5-r3.ebuild, -python-3.3.5-r8.ebuild: remove 3.3

Correct. The stable version of python are 2.7 and 3.4. Python 3.3 is hard masked and no longer supported
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spidark
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Sep 2011
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for the reply,
These files are not build with python3_3, 8O

So it's safe to build these files ??
Code:
Total: 46 packages (1 upgrade, 45 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 5,871 KiB


And what about this error ?
i just changed the mirror and issue still active.
Code:
 Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] y
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

!!! Digest verification failed:
!!! /usr/portage/app-crypt/qca/ChangeLog
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
!!! Got: 5471
!!! Expected: 5270

Thanks again guys,
sorry my replies may be delayed, @ a party. :lol:
_________________
Laptop HP Pavilion G6 2310-SD Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OldTango
l33t
l33t


Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Posts: 628

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spidark wrote:
Hi
So it's safe to build these files ??
Code:
Total: 46 packages (1 upgrade, 45 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 5,871 KiB

Yes it is safe. Portage is simply going to rebuild any package that was built against python-3.3 removing, any python-3.3 support that was there previously. This is normal.

Quote:
Code:
 Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] y
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

!!! Digest verification failed:
!!! /usr/portage/app-crypt/qca/ChangeLog
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
!!! Got: 5471
!!! Expected: 5270


That is a BUG in portage see this POST for some insight.

I am not sure how to best handle a manifest for a ChangeLog.

You could get around it for now using
Code:
emerge -avuND --exclude=app-crypt/* --with-bdeps=y @world
or wait a day or two to resync in hopes it will be fixed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spidark
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Sep 2011
Posts: 147

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldTango wrote:
spidark wrote:
Hi
So it's safe to build these files ??
Code:
Total: 46 packages (1 upgrade, 45 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 5,871 KiB

Yes it is safe. Portage is simply going to rebuild any package that was built against python-3.3 removing, any python-3.3 support that was there previously. This is normal.

Quote:
Code:
 Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] y
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

!!! Digest verification failed:
!!! /usr/portage/app-crypt/qca/ChangeLog
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
!!! Got: 5471
!!! Expected: 5270


That is a BUG in portage see this POST for some insight.

I am not sure how to best handle a manifest for a ChangeLog.

You could get around it for now using
Code:
emerge -avuND --exclude=app-crypt/* --with-bdeps=y @world
or wait a day or two to resync in hopes it will be fixed.


Fedeliallalinea and OldTango,
Thanks for your answers,
I resolved it, but not sure if it was the best method.
But thanks for all your help. :lol:
cheers.
_________________
Laptop HP Pavilion G6 2310-SD Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum