KDE 3.1_beta1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edgaer
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:14 am    Post subject: KDE 3.1_beta1 Reply with quote

Where is it? It's like a week past due on the time table. Isn't the KDE Team usually more prompt than this?
friedmud
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked this question a couple of days ago.

If you want to see my thread look here https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=11723

To sum it up (and cut through my small rant - please disregard that) it is going to be atleast a week late. Which makes sense because the alpha was a week late also.

I don't know about you but I am on pins and needles. I didn't do the alpha - and don't want CVS - but I want gentoo 1.4 and 3.1Beta - and I want to get them at the same time. I'm going to redo my whole system at that point (and wipe windows off for good now that I can play Warcraft III)

Derek
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moving from Desktop Environments to Gentoo Chat.

--kurt
Edgaer
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

friedmud wrote:
I asked this question a couple of days ago.

If you want to see my thread look here https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=11723

To sum it up (and cut through my small rant - please disregard that) it is going to be atleast a week late. Which makes sense because the alpha was a week late also.

I don't know about you but I am on pins and needles. I didn't do the alpha - and don't want CVS - but I want gentoo 1.4 and 3.1Beta - and I want to get them at the same time. I'm going to redo my whole system at that point (and wipe windows off for good now that I can play Warcraft III)

Well I myself used cvs once with the 3.1 ebuilds so portage would quit whining. Right now I have a very very borked install kde install :-/ Oh well it's a basic get a system working enough to use quanta and get the my school's baptist student union page finished and working. So like monday I can expect beta1? I ask 'cause the shared desktop thing will be very very helpful to me when classes start back. Oh and if any one knows what was borked in koffice1.2rc1 that it's masked? I mean one would assume that a rc package would be more stable than a beta package.
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

split two OT posts here

--kurt
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: KDE Reply with quote

KDE 3.1 Beta1 has been out since August 5, 2002 according to ftp.kde.org and KDE 3.0.3 stable has been out since August 14, 2002 according to the same site. My Mandrake Box will actually be more up to date than my gentoo box now...kind of depressing...wish I knew how to write ebuilds so that I could help contribute.
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:22 am    Post subject: kde once more Reply with quote

btw, I'd like to clear up that I understand this is not a Gentoo problem. The KDE team is often way behind in announcing what they release. KDE 3.0.0 Final came out and wasn't announced officially for 4 days! They're not the best at announcing things, but I think they do that as sort of the last testing stage, since a few people do check into the ftp site to see what the latest kde stuff is.

Thanks,
Karl
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: KDE Reply with quote

karl11 wrote:
KDE 3.1 Beta1 has been out since August 5, 2002 according to ftp.kde.org and KDE 3.0.3 stable has been out since August 14, 2002 according to the same site. My Mandrake Box will actually be more up to date than my gentoo box now...kind of depressing...wish I knew how to write ebuilds so that I could help contribute.

Actually, if ya check the kde.org site, there is an announcement for 3.0.0 dated August 19th. And there isn't an official announcement of 3.1beta yet. Basically what you are seeing is the time the sources were made available to the packagers so they could be ready for the official announcement. Hell, I can't even get into the directory for the beta packages yet.... :(

In short, be patient.... I'd be very surprised if there weren't bright shiny ebuilds ready to go sometime tomorrow for 3.0.3.
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:57 am    Post subject: thanks matt Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up Matt. I was slightly confused as to that :)
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

np...

Matter of fact, I just rsync'd and I noticed that the eclass/kde.org.eclass has been modified to include the 3.1beta. Not long now.... Yay!

:D
karl11
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:36 am    Post subject: kde Reply with quote

That will be very very SWEET :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: