Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] Can't seem to boot Dota 2 Reborn from different...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youand28
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Can't seem to boot Dota 2 Reborn from different... Reply with quote

From the Gentoo Steam setup guide, I ended up setting Steam up manually and installed the game. After attempting to launch, the screen "Failed to create an OpenGL context. Your graphic card must support at least OpenGL 3.1." appears. From there I attempted to install the same game for both wine win32 profile and win64. In win32, the screen showed something as it not being able to run from the graphic card being too old (older than 2006). In the win64 profile was just marked as running but never booted (I think it is a .net error though not sure).
My graphic card is a R9 280 which ran in other steam distros anyhow, supporting at least OpenGL 3.1 and being made after 2006...
Code:
lspci | grep -i VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Tahiti PRO [Radeon HD 7950/8950 OEM / R9 280]

So, can anyone help me fix this issue? :roll:

Edit: Does anyone know if it comes down to testing packages from llvm and mesa like it says on radeon... Should I put mesa in package.accept_keywords? I try to put it and it attempts to downgrade (U) mesa from 12.0.3 to 12.0.1 hmmm I need direction I'm very elementary at this. The llvm update at least turned the games from going from being inconsistent and crashing my kde environment after being exited, and it also allowed me to alt + tab out while smoothing frame rates.

Edit#2: Ah... it was quite the opposite it upgraded mesa from 12.0.1 to 12.0.3 sigh... Ok that didn't solve it

EDIT#3: OK I GOT IT WORKING sigh it answer was on the Gentoo wiki for Steam/Games trobleshoot. It was the Lanch Command to add in properties for DiRT Showdown, I didn't bother changing number because of laziness anyway. Oh well, the epitome of the case, Gentoo Wiki is a boss now to get this one solved...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: