qterminal --profile & confirmation before closing tab
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orionbelt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: qterminal --profile & confirmation before closing tab Reply with quote

I have two questions about qterminal:

1) I see there is a comand-line option "--profile: Load qterminal with specific options" but i see no way of defining profiles from the menu bar. Is there some other way? And what are the settable options?

2) I was wondering whether it would be possible to add an option to "Ask for Tab Closing Confirmation". There is already "Ask for Window Closing Confirmation" in Preferences / Look & Feel. My situation is that i use many tabs, each labeled with a single letter, so the red "close" button occupies one third of the tab width and is easy to hit accidentally...

Thanks.

[Edit: Moved from previous thread to this standalone thread]
wrc1944
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. That's really been my only problem with using Qterminal much more often.
Gentoo ~amd64 plasma, glibc-2.29-r5, gcc-9.2.0 kernel-5.3.6-gentoo-r1 USE=experimental
orionbelt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4) I also noticed that CTRL-S and CTRL-Q do not work in the expected way (i.e., pause and resume terminal scrolling). Perhaps this could be added as well? As an option, perhaps?...

With respect to (1) above, i see in the source that there is provision to read a profile file when the --profile argument is passed, and there is also a Properties::saveSettings() method, but i cannot see any option from the qterminal menu that would invoke this method in order to save the current settings in a new session file...

I hope someone from the qterminal project is reading this thread and we are not typing in vain... :lol:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: