[maybe fixed] radeon: keyboard hang with google-chrome
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: [maybe fixed] radeon: keyboard hang with google-chrome Reply with quote

Hi, I am switching from the ati proprietary driver to the radeon open-source driver. With the fglrx driver, firefox was unusable due to a never fixed 3D bug in firefox when using that driver, but google-chrome is working fine. After the installation of the radeon driver and the associated X11 driver, firefox is working fine, but as soon I start goggle-chrome, the keyboard hang in X. The only things which are working are the led and Ctrl-Alt-F<n>.

If I switch to a primary console, the keyboard is working fine, but it still doesn't work after switching back to X. The only possibility I found is to close the X session and start a new one.

That with 4.4.6 gentoo-sources kernel in both cases (fglxr and radeon), openrc, ~amd64 arch and startx. The computer is a laptop, but due to its keyboard being allergic to tea, the keyboard is an USB one. I didn't find any related message in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Any clue on how I can debug/fix that issue?

EDIT: Strange, the keyboard work fine now when I start chrome.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: