Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Media Bias Ratings
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 am    Post subject: Media Bias Ratings Reply with quote

If you're watching/reading the shit toward the outsides, stop it. Just stop.
https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPR, AP, Reuters all listed as center. :lol:
_________________
Pronouns: My Lord, His Lordship

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
NPR, AP, Reuters all listed as center. :lol:

And Bloomberg too. I guess it's all relative. They are approximately central, compared to CNN, etc.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
I guess it's all relative. They are approximately central, compared to CNN, etc.

It is not only the way they cover stories, it is just as telling by the stories they do not cover.
_________________
Pronouns: My Lord, His Lordship

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time for the good people to stand up for what's right. Truth, justice, and camel toe in red white and blue bikinis!
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
It's time for the good people to stand up for what's right. Truth, justice, and camel toe in red white and blue bikinis!

Merica!
_________________
Pronouns: My Lord, His Lordship

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the website.

This is my favorite article I came across:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020/july/don-lemon-wrongly-claims-jesus-admittedly-was-not-perfect-when-he-was-here

Quote:
“Here’s the thing,” Lemon told fellow CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, who is Catholic. “Jesus Christ — if that’s who you believe in, Jesus Christ — admittedly was not perfect when He was here on this earth.”

Jesus Christ was, of course, perfect.

Jesus’ perfection is at the core of the substitutionary atonement — the central doctrinal belief that Jesus died for us — that grants salvation to those who put their faith in the Son of God.


Of all the things to mock Lemon for, that is what they came up with? And their argument isn't even sound - being sinless is not the same as being perfect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
I like the website.

This is my favorite article I came across:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020/july/don-lemon-wrongly-claims-jesus-admittedly-was-not-perfect-when-he-was-here

Quote:
“Here’s the thing,” Lemon told fellow CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, who is Catholic. “Jesus Christ — if that’s who you believe in, Jesus Christ — admittedly was not perfect when He was here on this earth.”

Jesus Christ was, of course, perfect.

Jesus’ perfection is at the core of the substitutionary atonement — the central doctrinal belief that Jesus died for us — that grants salvation to those who put their faith in the Son of God.


Of all the things to mock Lemon for, that is what they came up with? And their argument isn't even sound - being sinless is not the same as being perfect.

CNN lately is a greater evil than MSNBC and Fox News put together, because they are just as misleading but still have a reputation with many Americans and most Europeans of being acceptably credible.

I rarely see a news story from CNN these days that is not egregiously sensationalist (usually fearmongering) and misleading.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrbassie
l33t
l33t


Joined: 31 May 2013
Posts: 607

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
NPR, AP, Reuters all listed as center. :lol:



Old School wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
I guess it's all relative. They are approximately central, compared to CNN, etc.

It is not only the way they cover stories, it is just as telling by the stories they do not cover.


Exactly what I was going to say about the bbc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 5847
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbassie wrote:
Old School wrote:
NPR, AP, Reuters all listed as center. :lol:



Old School wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
I guess it's all relative. They are approximately central, compared to CNN, etc.

It is not only the way they cover stories, it is just as telling by the stories they do not cover.


Exactly what I was going to say about the bbc.

ThE bBc Is CeNtRaL, eVeRyThInG eLsE iS rIgHt
_________________
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbassie wrote:
Old School wrote:
NPR, AP, Reuters all listed as center. :lol:



Old School wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
I guess it's all relative. They are approximately central, compared to CNN, etc.

It is not only the way they cover stories, it is just as telling by the stories they do not cover.


Exactly what I was going to say about the bbc.


Quote:
If you look at this chart and are convinced your “extreme” source belongs in the middle, you just might be part of the problem plaguing America today.


https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-biased-is-your-news-source-you-probably-wont-agree-with-this-chart-2018-02-28
_________________
He who calls for full employment calls for war!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
richk449 wrote:
I like the website.

This is my favorite article I came across:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020/july/don-lemon-wrongly-claims-jesus-admittedly-was-not-perfect-when-he-was-here

Quote:
“Here’s the thing,” Lemon told fellow CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, who is Catholic. “Jesus Christ — if that’s who you believe in, Jesus Christ — admittedly was not perfect when He was here on this earth.”

Jesus Christ was, of course, perfect.

Jesus’ perfection is at the core of the substitutionary atonement — the central doctrinal belief that Jesus died for us — that grants salvation to those who put their faith in the Son of God.


Of all the things to mock Lemon for, that is what they came up with? And their argument isn't even sound - being sinless is not the same as being perfect.

CNN lately is a greater evil than MSNBC and Fox News put together, because they are just as misleading but still have a reputation with many Americans and most Europeans of being acceptably credible.

I rarely see a news story from CNN these days that is not egregiously sensationalist (usually fearmongering) and misleading.


The USA does not have a mainstream credible fact based news service anymore.
_________________
He who calls for full employment calls for war!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
richk449 wrote:
I like the website.

This is my favorite article I came across:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020/july/don-lemon-wrongly-claims-jesus-admittedly-was-not-perfect-when-he-was-here

Quote:
“Here’s the thing,” Lemon told fellow CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, who is Catholic. “Jesus Christ — if that’s who you believe in, Jesus Christ — admittedly was not perfect when He was here on this earth.”

Jesus Christ was, of course, perfect.

Jesus’ perfection is at the core of the substitutionary atonement — the central doctrinal belief that Jesus died for us — that grants salvation to those who put their faith in the Son of God.


Of all the things to mock Lemon for, that is what they came up with? And their argument isn't even sound - being sinless is not the same as being perfect.

CNN lately is a greater evil than MSNBC and Fox News put together, because they are just as misleading but still have a reputation with many Americans and most Europeans of being acceptably credible.

I rarely see a news story from CNN these days that is not egregiously sensationalist (usually fearmongering) and misleading.


The USA does not have a mainstream credible fact based news service anymore.

According to the media bias ratings source you have been distributing lately, we have many, and they include the Army Times, Air Force Times, Navy Times, and hundreds of others. Stop being a troll.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1261
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hill and Bloomberg are in the same column?
_________________
Git has obsoleted SVN.
10mm Auto has obsoleted 45 ACP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 5847
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you implying the media bias rating is ... bias
_________________
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter
Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber: what's you perception of the degree and type of bias of those two?
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 134
Location: India

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know where you can find truly unbiased news sources?

WhatsApp.
_________________
"Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated, until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1415

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When national media is party lined, you can step beyond and see how
a leftist journalist totally destroys the Biden campaign on Coronavirus response
I think of Al Jazeera the true successor of BBC as a world news service. Truely they are because of the journalists they got from the BBC due to their larger financial backings. And own country interests are displayd but in a moderate way in comparism to turkish TRT english service.
_________________
ultra left enrich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say this, but you're a commie, right?
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1415

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
You say this, but you're a commie, right?
No, a Republican
the french type who beheaded a king
_________________
ultra left enrich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
You say this, but you're a commie, right?
No, a Republican
the french type who beheaded a king

I know, but your "Republicans" are left-wing and became Marxists, n'est-ce pas? And you refer to yourself in your signature as "ultra left".
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1261
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
wswartzendruber: what's you perception of the degree and type of bias of those two?

Current perceptions:

The Hill = Right
Bloomberg = Left
_________________
Git has obsoleted SVN.
10mm Auto has obsoleted 45 ACP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1415

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
The Hill = Right
Just a camouflage like Colbert did a few years ago.

For a more sincere analyze:
They tend to the direction they can catch the most views ....
_________________
ultra left enrich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 161

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search Samantha Hamer, or Tim Carpenter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
Search Samantha Hamer, or Tim Carpenter.


Here is what I learned:
Allsides only provides right wing sources on this topic. If you do the same search on news.google.com, you get a much broader set of articles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum