Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
gcc-5.4 icedtea-7 or 8 lightzone (semi-solved)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlsa8z6zoz7lyih3ap
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: gcc-5.4 icedtea-7 or 8 lightzone (semi-solved) Reply with quote

Lightzone (installed as per the instructions for gentoo given in http://lightzoneproject.org/lorum/install-lightzone-gentoo)
worked just fine with gcc-4.9.4 and icedtea-7 or icedtea-bin-7.

However since I upgrade to gcc-5.4 it fails with the error

Code:
ightzone
Starting LightZone version 4.1.7 ...
with options :
openjdk version "1.8.0_101"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.1.0) (Gentoo icedtea-3.1.0)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)
jh.jar was not found.
This is LightZone 4.1.7 (79fa0e3)
Running Java version 1.8.0_101 (amd64)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/help/HelpSetException
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
        at com.lightcrafts.platform.Platform.<clinit>(Platform.java:407)
        at com.lightcrafts.platform.Launcher.init(Launcher.java:33)                                                                                                                                             
        at com.lightcrafts.platform.linux.LinuxLauncher.main(LinuxLauncher.java:11)                                                                                                                             
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.help.HelpSetException                                                                                                                                       
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)                                                                                                                                           
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)                                                                                                                                               
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)                                                                                                                                       
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)                                                                                                                                               
        ... 5 more             

In particular note the error

Code:
jh.jar not found

despite the fact that copies of it exist at
Quote:
/usr/local/LightZone/jh.jar
and
Quote:
/usr/share/javahelp/lib/jh.jar

Any suggestions on how I can fix this other than reverting to gcc-4.9.4? Is there a known problem with icedtea under gcc-5.4?

PS This is the only problem that I have encountered with my upgrade to gcc-5.4. Icedtea and lightzone do build with gcc-5.4

Last edited by nlsa8z6zoz7lyih3ap on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
nlsa8z6zoz7lyih3ap
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to have nothing to do with gcc-5.4.

I did revert to gcc-4.9.3 by using a backup. At this point lightzone worked again.

However I then tested by recompiling lightzone using gcc-4.9.3. The problem mentioned above with lightzone not running reappeared,
so I reinstalled the previous backup to get it running again. I have now added lightzone to /etc/portage/packages.mask
to keep it from being compiled again.

I don't know what the cause of the problem is, but I advise that if you have a working lightzone don't recompile it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: