View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goverp
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: <rant>Akonadi Reply with quote

Today's emerge --update brought me a new mariadb, so I upgraded the akonadi database, and just happened to look at the akonadi error logs. This is for a stable system, running kde-pim V4, so it's not supported by the KDE developers, so I'll just rant rather than report a bug.

Before startup:
Code:
DATABASE ERROR:
  Error code: 1064
  DB error:  "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '= NULL )' at line 1"
  Error text: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '= NULL )' at line 1 QMYSQL: Unable to execute query"
  Query: "SELECT DISTINCT CollectionTable.id, CollectionTable.parentId FROM CollectionTable LEFT JOIN CollectionMimeTypeRelation ON ( CollectionMimeTypeRelation.Collection_id = CollectionTable.id ) LEFT JOIN MimeTypeTable ON ( CollectionMimeTypeRelation.MimeType_id = MimeTypeTable.id ) WHERE (  = NULL )"

OK, so using dynamic SQL instead of prepared statements, and not sanitizing the results. Don't they have any proper developers?

then:
Code:
DATABASE ERROR:
  Error code: 1452
  DB error:  "Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`akonadi`.`collectionpimitemrelation`, CONSTRAINT `collectionpimitemrelation_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`PimItem_id`) REFERENCES `pimitemtable` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)"
  Error text: "Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`akonadi`.`collectionpimitemrelation`, CONSTRAINT `collectionpimitemrelation_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`PimItem_id`) REFERENCES `pimitemtable` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"
  Query: "INSERT INTO CollectionPimItemRelation (Collection_id, PimItem_id) VALUES (:0, :1)"

Let's just hope kde-pim V5 is better when it finally goes stable.

I also see:
Code:
Executable "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder" for agent "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder" could not be found!
Executable "akonadi_folderarchive_agent" for agent "akonadi_folderarchive_agent" could not be found!

but I guess that's something wrong with my installation.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is clear they could use all the help they'd get for improving their ER model. Would be very interesting to get involved into the postgresql stuff, but I can't steal time...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: