Script: Toggle Spatial Nautilus
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t011
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Script: Toggle Spatial Nautilus Reply with quote

I found a script for toggling the option to hide or show hidden files at http://g-scripts.sourceforge.net/. Anyway, I took that script and edited the paths so that I can easily toggle on or off the spatial nautilus option in nautilus without having to use gconf. This may or may not be something you do very frequently as you get used to spatial nautilus, or decide to abandon it completely. Either way, this is still a pretty handy script that you can edit to quickly change Gnome settings without having to fire up gconf. Just drop the script in ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/ and make it executable. I guess this is kind of a poor man's gTweakUI.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

OLDSTATE=$(gconftool-2 --get "/apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser")

if [ "$OLDSTATE" == "false" ] ; then
   NEWSTATE="True"
else
   NEWSTATE="False"
fi

gconftool-2 --set "/apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser" --type boolean $NEWSTATE
andrewy
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be useful, since I toggle alot between them, trying to figure spatial nautilus out.
What, exactly, does it mean for nautilus to be 'spatial'? The only difference I've noticed is a lack of buttons or an address bar, and the fact that opening a folder opens a new window.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: