No connection to the outside wifi
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinlll4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: No connection to the outside wifi Reply with quote

Just connect to a network with wpa_suplicant, the problem is that I can not do connecion outside the lan.

I have a host, with Connectify, which creates a subnet wifi The direction that the host assigns me is
Code:

ip:192.168.12.1
255.255.255.0 subnet

Gategay? (does not have)
I connect with wpa_suplicant a gentoo distro, so good the ssid is associated in my card, I assigned default
Code:

ip: 192.168.12.101
netmask: 255.255.255.0
broacast 192.168.12.255

I ping and leaves network unreachable. I put the gateway 192.168.12.1

Code:
route add default gw 192.168.12.1

Code:
ping google.com

is static does not advance when I cancel me out 100% packet loss.

That could be happening?

If I ping the local host 192.168.12.1, all perfect, but to go outside the network no connection.
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After succeed to establish the connexion to the Connectify access point with wpa_supplicant, use a dhcp client to configure your wireless card
Code:
dhclient -v wlan0
or
dhcpcd wlan0

Change wlan0 to whatever you wireless interface name is. You will then receive an IP address for your card, a default route and Dns servers IP addresses.

If you want to configure manually IP addresses for your wireless network, you do not need Wpa_supplicant but to put first in AdHoc mode all the wireless cards of your local network and than, configure by yourself IP addresses, routes and Dns servers.

By default, an Ethernet wireless card is in Managed mode. This mode is the one for several authentification protocols like Wpa. The AP provide generally a Dhcp server you must request for dynamic IP addresses assignment.
kevinlll4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logicien wrote:
After succeed to establish the connexion to the Connectify access point with wpa_supplicant, use a dhcp client to configure your wireless card
Code:
dhclient -v wlan0
or
dhcpcd wlan0

Change wlan0 to whatever you wireless interface name is. You will then receive an IP address for your card, a default route and Dns servers IP addresses.

If you want to configure manually IP addresses for your wireless network, you do not need Wpa_supplicant but to put first in AdHoc mode all the wireless cards of your local network and than, configure by yourself IP addresses, routes and Dns servers.

By default, an Ethernet wireless card is in Managed mode. This mode is the one for several authentification protocols like Wpa. The AP provide generally a Dhcp server you must request for dynamic IP addresses assignment.

I write
Code:
dhcpcd wl2p2s0
sending commands to master dhcpcd process
[/code]
I no change hangs.
Code:
ping google.com

cancel and see 100% packet loss
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you previously to 'dhcpcd wl2p2s0' set manually an IP address to wl2p2s0 and a default route? You must not set any IP configuration manually before the dhcpcd request. An other problem source can be that the wireless Access Point you are connected to do not provide a Dhcp server. Show the output of
Code:
ip route list
cat /etc/resolv.conf

The dhcpcd request must receive from the Dhcp server an IP address for wl2p2s0, a default route and valid Ip Dns servers.
kevinlll4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logicien wrote:
Have you previously to 'dhcpcd wl2p2s0' set manually an IP address to wl2p2s0 and a default route? You must not set any IP configuration manually before the dhcpcd request. An other problem source can be that the wireless Access Point you are connected to do not provide a Dhcp server. Show the output of
Code:
ip route list
cat /etc/resolv.conf

The dhcpcd request must receive from the Dhcp server an IP address for wl2p2s0, a default route and valid Ip Dns servers.

only in the wireless network Connectify I do not get internet on my laptop using gentoo, but using windows so normal, anyway, when I connect with the laptop that has gentoo another wireless network, without Connectify normal, everything is fine.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: