Openmw; ERROR: games-engines/openmw-9999::gentoo failed;
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melcul1
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Openmw; ERROR: games-engines/openmw-9999::gentoo failed; Reply with quote

I cannot install openmw. I managed to install it when disabling the qt5 flag but I want to use openmw-launcher to manage my data files.
I can't figure out how to do it manually without the launcher.
Is the error below common? Is there some guide for installing openmw on gentoo?

Code:
lookup cache used 65536/65536 hits=1129230 misses=145460
Note: based on cache misses the ideal setting for LOOKUP_CACHE_SIZE is 1 at the cost of higher memory usage.
finished...
find: ‘/docs/Doxygen/html’: No such file or directory
* ERROR: games-engines/openmw-9999::gentoo failed (compile phase):
*   (no error message)
* Call stack:
*     ebuild.sh, line 125:  Called src_compile
*   environment, line 2682:  Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
*           find "${CMAKE_BUILD_DIR}"/docs/Doxygen/html -name '*.md5' -type f -delete || die;
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=games-engines/openmw-9999::gentoo'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=games-engines/openmw-9999::gentoo'`.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openmw-9999/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openmw-9999/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openmw-9999/work/openmw-9999'
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openmw-9999/work/openmw-9999'

>>> Failed to emerge games-engines/openmw-9999, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openmw-9999/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1-r1:

* Generated gentoo-qconfig.h is empty

* Messages for package games-engines/openmw-9999:

* ERROR: games-engines/openmw-9999::gentoo failed (compile phase):
*   (no error message)
* Call stack:
*     ebuild.sh, line 125:  Called src_compile
*   environment, line 2682:  Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
*           find "${CMAKE_BUILD_DIR}"/docs/Doxygen/html -name '*.md5' -type f -delete || die;
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=games-engines/openmw-9999::gentoo'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=games-engines/openmw-9999::gentoo'`.
* The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openmw-9999/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openmw-9999/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openmw-9999/work/openmw-9999'
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openmw-9999/work/openmw-9999'
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason because you use 9999 version and not 0.46.0?
melcul1
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
There is a reason because you use 9999 version and not 0.46.0?

The only reason is that I was in the same situation with the ~amd64 version. So I tried with the 9999 before asking about how to get the launcher working. (or alternatively how to configure the data files using the terminal. (sice the installation is successful if he qt5 flag is disabled ). But I am confused about how to configure it properly. What I did was basically copying the .config files from my arch installation. But that doesn't work. I would appreciate either instructions to get it running using the terminal or on how to install it with the qt5 flags (so the launcher app does the configuration for me). Sorry for my late reply and thank you for yours.

I assume I am not the only one trying to run it on gentoo and getting the error in my previous post. (but I might be the only one stupid enough not to be able to configure it manually in the dotfiles.) I don't know if this is relevant but I have the qt5 flag disabled globally. Regardless the problem seems to be with the app-doc/doxygen package.

EDIT: Feel free to ask for more log files if they might be relevant.
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like $CMAKE_BUILD_DIR is empty, but the ebuild is not expecting that. The specific line that failed for you is inside if use doc in the ebuild. As a workaround, you could enable the launcher, but disable the documentation (set USE=-doc), which should let you skip the line that failed. I don't know whether the build will work after that, or exactly what documentation you give up by making this change. This could also explain why no one else has reported the problem. Setting USE=doc is generally discouraged if you don't have a good reason for it, because it often pulls in large dependency trees just to generate the documentation.
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

The error seems related to documentation so, as workaround, you can try to build package without use flag doc.
If this work you can open a new bug report
melcul1
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
Code:

The error seems related to documentation so, as workaround, you can try to build package without use flag doc.
If this work you can open a new bug report

I will try. I did add the doc USE flag to my package.use file. I think my thought process was that, since I could not configure it manually, maybe documentation would have helped.

Hu wrote:
Setting USE=doc is generally discouraged if you don't have a good reason for it, because it often pulls in large dependency trees just to generate the documentation.

I didn't know that. Not that I usually do this. I've only been using Gentoo for about 4 months, and I find it absolutely exciting. I have a very minimalist setup. This is probably why I first attempted to install openmw without the qt5 dependency. 80% of my interactions with computers is through the terminal and CLI programs.

What I'll do now is try to rebuild openmw with USE=qt5 -doc; use the launcher to configure the data files, then recompile openmw without qt5 and do an emerge --depclean.
I'll post the results when I'm done. Thanks for pointing this out.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: