View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heresy! Inform the Inquisition! Summon the Witchfinders!
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first rule of herd-joining for the insecure is to focus negative attention on others to be excluded and castigated. If you're part of the mob bullying others, then you're not the one getting bullied.

Calling it the opposite of what it is right to your face while suspending disbelief of the lie? That's just the doubleThink that is the life's blood of the pathalogically lying collectivist-authoritarian Left, and it's now running thick in the arteries of our truth machine (news media, educational systems, academia).

Trump's election was a cry of "The Emperor Has No Clothes!", and it resonated with most, but the bullshit machine chatters on unabated and the brainwashing runs deep.

It may be necessary to resort to Plan Zeta.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring out the comfy chair!

Bones wrote:

Plan Zeta

Nothing plain vanilla about humans, is it?
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/14/thomas-jefferson-statue-defaced-university-virginia-his-275th-birthday

Now, dudes, be honest with yourself, does a country where such events are becoming regular deserve surviving? Or put it this way, will this country have the strength to withstand competition?
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a country who's educational system permits the perpetuation of this type of thinking does not deserve surviving and YES this includes the UK where the "no Platform" movement exists, akin to america's "safe space"
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people usually ain't bad, the system usually projects a whole country. In it self, politics out of the folk sphere, cannot survive. It's doomed to begin with.
So f- the system. I'd start with that.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
They claim to target posters of rude comments, but the truth is that being a heterosexual male and not ashamed of it makes an undesirable these days. Particularly a white one. Also being a woman who calls BS on feminism's lies makes an undesirable. These people are a collective target. I was actually unfreinded by a guy I knew well because I pointed out that an article he had linked to about 1 in 5 college woman being raped was based on was so flawed that its conclusions where meaningless and posting a real study showing that the real number was something like 6.7 in 1000 and 7.6 per 1000 for non-college woman. Before he unfreinding he was very careful to publicly scold me for being "the problem." Last I checked he was a research scientist.
Thanks. I don't have the energy to keep up with their mental gymnastics.

The Doctor wrote:
These people are engaging on that type of behavior but on a much wider stage. They seek to enforce political correctness by making it social suicide to point out when they are wrong. And it works, but hopefully events like this are going to keep blowing up in their faces until they loose their power.
Hopefully. I'll stop there to keep it positive.

The Doctor wrote:
Just look at how excited everyone was about Hillary being the first woman candidate for high constitutional office while ignoring Palin because she has effectively become a "non-woman" to these people.
This is at least the same behavior observable decades ago.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
Los Zetas?
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
pjp wrote:
It appeared that what made them undesirables was an act of virtual violence. If not, then what was it?
They claim to target posters of rude comments, but the truth is that being a heterosexual male and not ashamed of it makes an undesirable these days. Particularly a white one. Also being a woman who calls BS on feminism's lies makes an undesirable. These people are a collective target. I was actually unfreinded by a guy I knew well because I pointed out that an article he had linked to about 1 in 5 college woman being raped was based on was so flawed that its conclusions where meaningless and posting a real study showing that the real number was something like 6.7 in 1000 and 7.6 per 1000 for non-college woman. Before he unfreinding he was very careful to publicly scold me for being "the problem." Last I checked he was a research scientist.

These people are engaging on that type of behavior but on a much wider stage. They seek to enforce political correctness by making it social suicide to point out when they are wrong. And it works, but hopefully events like this are going to keep blowing up in their faces until they loose their power.

Just look at how excited everyone was about Hillary being the first woman candidate for high constitutional office while ignoring Palin because she has effectively become a "non-woman" to these people.

SteelSeries released an official statement on their Facebook page

Quote:
Our Statement on BullyHunters

STEELSERIES·SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2018

BullyHunters pitched us with a simple idea - let’s work together to fight online harassment. And because we believe that’s a noble cause, we supported it.

It’s now clear that we didn’t do a good job in understanding exactly what we were supporting. And we’re sorry for that.

The way BullyHunters represented the gaming community was wrong and disingenuous. Most gamers don’t experience harassment, and more importantly, 99%+ of gamers don’t do the harassing. We’re well aware of the many faults with BullyHunters. We hear you guys, and we agree.
To clear a few things up: BullyHunters was not a viral campaign stage-managed by us. We did not hire a marketing agency to create it. We didn’t have anything to do with its execution, content or messaging. And more importantly, we would never take advantage of an issue like bullying to sell hardware. They asked us to supply some headsets, support the call for positive change, and we did.

Although we still believe in a world where harassment isn’t tolerated, it’s clear to us that BullyHunters is hurting, not helping, that cause. On Friday, we ended our support and partnership with the organization.

We apologize to those who support our brand and expect more due diligence in vetting out campaigns and partnerships we associate ourselves with.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not enough
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
not enough

CyberPowerPC & SteelSeries have distanced themselves, so now on the bottom of the BullyHunters.org website the only partners listed are Diverse Gaming Coalition & National Organization for Women. :lol:

CORRECTION : https://bullyhunters.org/ The site is down!

According to Richard Lewis. it looks like SteelSeries might be looking at legal action against FCB Chicago because of the damage done to their brand by partnering with SJWs.

I smell popcorn...

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Naib wrote:
not enough

CyberPowerPC & SteelSeries have distanced themselves, so now on the bottom of the BullyHunters.org website the only partners listed are Diverse Gaming Coalition & National Organization for Women. :lol:

CORRECTION : https://bullyhunters.org/ The site is down!

According to Richard Lewis. it looks like SteelSeries might be looking at legal action against FCB Chicago because of the damage done to their brand by partnering with SJWs.

I smell popcorn...

:lol: :lol: :lol: this gonna get good.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hatred-of-japanese-knotweed-is-xenophobic-environmentalist-says-r7ftnwlwm

Quote:
Japanese knotweed, a plant so destructive and difficult to kill that it is illegal to allow it to spread from your property, has been unfairly maligned, according to an environmentalist.

Fred Pearce, a journalist and consultant for New Scientist magazine, is due to give a talk this week at the Edinburgh Science Festival that will argue that the language used to describe “invasive species” is xenophobic.

This shit is nasty! you can't dispose of it at the tip, you can't burn it, can easily wipe £10,000 off every house in the area if it is found ...
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
not enough
Not enough as an initial response, or not enough as an only response, or something else? I'm curious what would be enough.

I'm leery of almost any PR response, but they at least seemed somewhat honest about recognizing their mistake. Which is better than a lot of play-it-safe responses. I can't say I would resume a customer relationship with them because of the letter, but I'm not sure I could say that their response wasn't enough. I'd probably have to weigh it against other "causes" they supported.
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

I smell popcorn...
Can they win a lawsuit? If they can, excellent but it seems their own ignorance contributed greatly.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
Los Zetas?

Shit. Okay, it's now Plan Omicron.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:

I like the new possibilities...

Omicron (wasp), a genus of wasp

Omikronpapillomavirus, a genus of viruses
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Naib wrote:
not enough
Not enough as an initial response, or not enough as an only response, or something else? I'm curious what would be enough.

I'm leery of almost any PR response, but they at least seemed somewhat honest about recognizing their mistake. Which is better than a lot of play-it-safe responses. I can't say I would resume a customer relationship with them because of the letter, but I'm not sure I could say that their response wasn't enough. I'd probably have to weigh it against other "causes" they supported.
not enough in general.
The sharp rise in identity politics, the rise in associated victimhood where people judge via social media praising those to follow a collective reasoning and ostracise those that don't or even worse... question the reasoning behind... The #meToo hashtag, he will not divide us, trial by socialmedia...

Why did StealStorm agree to this? because they wanted to be seen to be part of a "solution" why? money either due to more business or not losing business.
Companies don't care, companies are legal entities that make profit to exist. Do you really think the yearly sexual harassment ethics training is occurring because the "company" really cares about the female employees? NO! they care about the legal costs when they lose. same with bribery...

It is the constant one-sided domination which is sickening. The recent Ch4 trainwreck of an interview is evident of this. Cathy Newman & Jordan Peterson. She went in to entrap as she already had an agenda to destroy his platform and this was clear in the interview. He however saw this and equally knew his subject very, very well (the lobster thing was shear class). However it was the reactions afterwards that were telling. Rather that facing up to the fact that her interview technique was aggressive, full of hostility, she played the victim "I have been subject to tonnes of abuse online, misogynistic attacks" ... Jordan was subject to ~40x more. Does it make either right? no but it does set the stage for a narrative as it appeals to the masses...

Why is this important here? an agency wanted to setup an anti-bully system where if you were bullied online you can ping one of them and they will come in and "own the bully"... Guess what, that's not how it works online and even more so in CSGO. In CSGO are you really going to go "oh I don't want to shoot that enemy as I am after a specific player" ? NO! you will shoot because otherwise you will DIE! [ALL] chat is disabled in-game so how are you going to talk to the other team? THIS is assuming this whiteknight joins on the other team. If they join on the team of this bully GUESS what... you CANNOT FRIENDLY-FIRE in pubs.
You can on torny but backfilling isn't permitted so this isn't possible.
Finally if the game is full you can't join.

Had steelseries actually spent any time looking into what this bully enterprise stated they were going to do rather than thinking about the social "likes" they would have seen the entire enterprise was flawed.
The narrative is always the same woman are the victims yet the facts paint a different story

Last edited by Naib on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Guess what, that's not how it works online and even more so in CSGO. In CSGO are you really going to go "oh I don't want to shoot that enemy as I am after a specific player" ? NO! you will shoot because otherwise you will DIE! [ALL] chat is disabled in-game so how are you going to talk to the other team? THIS is assuming this whiteknight joins on the other team. If they join on the team of this bully GUESS what... you CANNOT FRIENDLY-FIRE in pubs.
You can on torny but backfilling isn't permitted so this isn't possible.
Finally if the game is full you can't join.

That's right. No friendly fire in pubs.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAW MEAT !!!

Quote:
Millennials have been named as the squeamish shoppers being targeted by the new ‘straight to pan’ packaging being introduced at Sainsbury’s after it found people under 35 aren’t keen on touching raw chicken.

Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
RAW MEAT !!!

Quote:
Millennials have been named as the squeamish shoppers being targeted by the new ‘straight to pan’ packaging being introduced at Sainsbury’s after it found people under 35 aren’t keen on touching raw chicken.
hahahaha just wait when shit hits the fan!.
Non-Millennials: right time to start hunting...
Millenials: Right time to start hunting, what do I use to catch a taco ?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistakenly clicked submit instead of close tab. It's a process.

Last edited by pjp on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Chicken is nasty. Smells awful and is sticky. If I must use it, I'll try to cut it while semi-frozen. I'm working on eliminating it from anything I cook. Then there's the everlasting wisdom of the Rapping Rabbi.
found the millenial
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
RAW MEAT !!!

Quote:

Funny thing is, this is the same generation suffering a huge surge in oral cancer because they all grew up watching porn and firmly believe gobbling uglies is an absolute prerequisite.
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Militarized Cops At Tiny Georgia Neo-Nazi Rally Arrest Counterprotesters For Wearing Masks

The lead officer in the arrests said the counterprotesters were breaking a state law regarding masks, likely referring to a seldom-enforced 1951 law originally aimed at combating hooded Ku Klux Klan members. Anti-fascist protesters ― many belonging to chapters of antifa groups, known for sometimes violently confronting white supremacists ― often wear masks to avoid being identified by both law enforcement and neo-Nazis.
“The irony of enforcing masking laws to prosecute leftists is just incredible,” said Molly, a counterprotester from Charlottesville, Virginia, who traveled to Georgia to protest neo-Nazis. She asked that her last name not be published for fear of retribution. “Those are anti-Klan statutes.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/georgia-neo-nazi-rally-police-militarized-arrests_us_5adbf0f6e4b075b631e65f49
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: