l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE TRUTH BEHIND #BLOGGERGATE

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oxford decides woman are inferior to men at MATHS!

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
Oxford decides woman are inferior to men at MATHS!

s/decides/realizes

Kindness Evokes Kindness

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's WaPo front page headline was supposed to have been A call for bipartisanship (8:17 PM - 30 Jan 2018).

Was the WaPo trying to engage in actual journalism?

Regardless, that made their readers unhappy so they remembered their place and changed it to A 'new American moment' (9:12 PM - 30 Jan 2018).
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@StephenKing

A trainload of Republicans on their way to a pricey retreat hit a garbage truck. My friend Russ calls that karma.

Of course there were multiple injuries and one death. I wonder what they did to deserve that karma.

On the other hand, one of the representatives on the train was a medical doctor, so maybe that was the karma.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middleclass feminist arguing why it is right to take workingclass womans job's to meet her agenda

http://uk.businessinsider.com/f1-grid-girls-have-lost-their-jobs-but-are-fighting-back-on-twitter-2018-2?r=US&IR=T
Quote:
Furious Formula 1 'grid girls' who were fired from their jobs say they've 'lost important income because feminists think they know best'

Quote:
Rebecca Cooper, a five time F1 grid girl, said on Twitter that it is "ridiculous that women who say they are 'fighting for women's rights' are saying what others should and shouldn't do, stopping us from doing a job we love and are proud to do. [It is] political correctness gone mad."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=822762184575809&id=497047333813964
Quote:
If it wasn’t for grid work / promotional modeling, I wouldn’t be where I am now in a ‘male dominated’ sport and job as a stunt driver and drift competition driver, inspiring and influencing females into this ‘intimidating male environment.’ I get girls messaging me all the time saying how I inspire them and made them want to get into racing and drifting when they didn’t think they would be accepted… What people don’t realize, is that the girls have knowledge of the products and teams they are promotion — that’s part of the job. We get a brief on the uniform but it’s up to us if we feel comfortable in it. We are more clothed than what teenagers wear down the supermarkets. I’m now retired but to think girls have lost a lot of important income because feminists think they know best, when they really haven’t got a clue, is frustrating

Quote:
I am a grid girl, I LOVE my job and I CHOOSE to do it! The issue at the moment is there are too many people being offended on behalf of people who are not offended at all!

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Middleclass feminist arguing why it is right to take workingclass womans job's to meet her agenda
I didn't turn on the audio, but it was obvious who was not a 'walk on girl.' It always seems to come down to that. Maybe it is just an anger management problem.

So, to be fair, an update.
pjp wrote:
@StephenKing

A trainload of Republicans on their way to a pricey retreat hit a garbage truck. My friend Russ calls that karma.

Of course there were multiple injuries and one death. I wonder what they did to deserve that karma.

On the other hand, one of the representatives on the train was a medical doctor, so maybe that was the karma.
That was at 09:00.

@09:20
Of COURSE sorry the truck driver died.
https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/959114291348688898?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

@12:46
A rather thoughtless tweet from me concerning the train-truck crash, for which I apologize (if one is necessary). It should be pointed out, too, that those Republican politicians, who can be heartless when they vote, immediately got out to help.
https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/959166116978462721?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "feminist" tradition of demeaning, belittling, and shouting down women in order to lecture them on how to properly address women is alive and well in the media and on twitter.
Quote:
Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Don’t You Dare Tell Nancy Pelosi to Smile
While it’s abundantly clear that Sanders is no Gloria Steinem, it’s fair to say it’s a . . . unique display of sexism to hear her adopting the tactics of your local catcaller. How weird that Sanders chose to lob this tired insult at a female Democratic leader—and one who, like her or not, has been serving for almost as long as Sanders has been alive—instead of a male counterpart, like Sen. Chuck Schumer (also caught on camera looking less than thrilled with the president’s performance). It’s ironic, too, given Sanders’s own now infamous perma-grimace—but we’ve yet to hear White House reporters like Jim Acosta or April Ryan demanding she smile more. Nor should they: The right to resting bitch face is practically a new American ideal.
https://www.vogue.com/article/sarah-huckabee-sanders-nancy-pelosi-state-of-the-union-smile-more

Quote:
Nina Dobrev Called Out for Being Friends With Johnny Depp While Supporting Time’s Up
Dobrev has yet to respond to any of the backlash from the post, and she hasn’t deleted it yet, despite all the negative comments. This really isn’t a good look for Dobrev, who has decided to actively advocate for a movement that speaks out against not only shitty men but also a complicit industry.
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2018/01/nina-dobrev-called-out-friends-johnny-depp-supporting-times-up
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Because tolerance and diversity.

It'll be interesting to see if anything quotable comes of this...
Women don't like to lick their fingers as generously as men when eating chips, PepsiCo's CEO says.
Quote:
Indra Nooyi, CEO of Frito-Lay parent company PepsiCo, told Freakonomics Radio that it is looking at creating special chips just for women.

She said the new chips will be designed and packaged differently to reduce the crunch and limit the amount of flavor that gets stuck on consumers' fingers.
If it doesn't crunch, is it really a chip?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow scaled wingless dragonkin.
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Cap? Team Iron Man? Chris Evans officially throws in with Team Anita. Do you happen to not like someone's sense of humor? The solution is simple: dehumanize them.

Quote:
Chris Evans Shreds Right-Wing 'Pile Of Trash' Who Mocked School Shooting Survivors
Quote:
Wow. I don’t have the words. Have you never lost someone? What made you think this was ok? You can keep your apology, you insensitive pile of trash. https://t.co/rmY0mNbZcV
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) February 21, 2018

On Tuesday, D’Souza shared an image of the survivors weeping while they watched Florida lawmakers vote against discussion of a gun-control bill, and wrote: “Worst news since their parents told them to get summer jobs.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chris-evans-dinesh-dsouza_us_5a8e5b8de4b0161d43187a7c?ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313

Sure, D'Souza was being boorish, and to be fair Evans' response did start off reasonably enough; but it ends as exactly the kind of response that has brought the national, and international, level of discourse down to where it is now, scarcely even aspiring to climb back up to the gutter.
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behold, raw woke feminihilism:
Quote:
The patriarchal race to colonize Mars is just another example of male entitlement
“Women in developing countries are particularly vulnerable to climate change because they are highly dependent on local natural resources for their livelihood,” a 2013 United Nations report noted. “Women charged with securing water, food and fuel for cooking and heating face the greatest challenges. Women experience unequal access to resources and decision-making processes, with limited mobility in rural areas.”

This means that while men compete with each other over whose rocket is the biggest, fastest, and best, and send playthings off to become flashy space junk, women around the world are fighting to stay alive against violent assaults on their personhood — and their planet. As reported by Marc Bain for Quartz, in seven separate studies “researchers found evidence that people perceive consumers who behave in eco-friendly ways as ‘more feminine,’ and that those consumers “‘perceive themselves as more feminine.’

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/patriarchal-race-colonize-mars-just-another-example-male-entitlement-ncna849681

I, for one, wonder what Gwynne Shotwell thinks of this line of "reasoning".
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Evans has a lot he didn't learn from playing Captain America.

Not that it is surprising. Whenever someone in Hollywood expresses a viewpoint right of Lenin they are publicly eviscerated.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
Team Anita. Do you happen to not like someone's sense of humor? The solution is simple: dehumanize them.
No idea who she is, but this way of existing is just something I cannot wrap my head around and understand no matter how I try to make sense of it. Exhibiting the behavior you claim to denounce, and then followers / peers / whatever turning a blind eye. It's like the performance art version of those 3D stereogrammi pictures I could never "see."

desultory wrote:
Sure, D'Souza was being boorish, and to be fair Evans' response did start off reasonably enough; but it ends as exactly the kind of response that has brought the national, and international, level of discourse down to where it is now, scarcely even aspiring to climb back up to the gutter.
I think it is far more sad that the kids are being used for political gain*, which just makes Evans look pathetic at best (again, no idea who he is). <edit>Oh, /that/ Evans (Re: The Doctor's comment).</edit>

* I don't doubt they wanted to go on their own accord. I don't even have a problem with the busing being provided by Democrats. But I do have a problem with the media and Democrats turning it into a political orgy.

Last edited by pjp on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 am; edited 2 times in total
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
Behold, raw woke feminihilism:
Quote:
The patriarchal race to colonize Mars is just another example of male entitlement
“Women in developing countries are particularly vulnerable to climate change because they are highly dependent on local natural resources for their livelihood,” a 2013 United Nations report noted. “Women charged with securing water, food and fuel for cooking and heating face the greatest challenges. Women experience unequal access to resources and decision-making processes, with limited mobility in rural areas.”

This means that while men compete with each other over whose rocket is the biggest, fastest, and best, and send playthings off to become flashy space junk, women around the world are fighting to stay alive against violent assaults on their personhood — and their planet. As reported by Marc Bain for Quartz, in seven separate studies “researchers found evidence that people perceive consumers who behave in eco-friendly ways as ‘more feminine,’ and that those consumers “‘perceive themselves as more feminine.’

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/patriarchal-race-colonize-mars-just-another-example-male-entitlement-ncna849681
So... she's asserting that these women aren't capable on their own and need the patriarchy to save them? Someone tweeted similar comments to Musk. It did not go well (Musk followers, I don't believe he responded to her).

desultory wrote:
I, for one, wonder what Gwynne Shotwell thinks of this line of "reasoning".
Hah! I think I've seen her "co-hosting" launch videos. Had no idea she was a COO.
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp, Anita Sarkeesian is a pop culture critic (aka a special snowflake) who is largely responsible for demonizing #gamergate and playing the victim. The spark notes version is that Zoe Quinn shagged a journalist who gave her paint by numbers "game" an honorable mention. When the journalist was called on his lack of ethics in reporting (along with the industry at large) the entire thing became about harassing woman. Anita somehow fits into that. Feminists are the only one who see how it makes sense...

The incident in question involves calling security on a few members of an audience who where legally entitled to be there quietly and respectfully sitting and waiting to her her speak. They also happen to disagree with her on the interwebs.

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. Now I even understand "gamergate." Also amusing that a "feminist" would do that for a favorable game review. I'd love to hear a conversation about that between some old school feminazis; they're probably livid about the new wave.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Women Choose Differently at Work
Psychologist Susan Pinker on the role of choice in gender differences in the workplace.
wrote:
What does the most recent data on women’s preferences regarding work tell us?

Studies show that, among other differences, educated women’s career trajectories often have a different shape—based on their wider interests and a common desire to have flexible or part-time work when their families are young—and an accelerated pace later on. And women’s careers tend to persist longer than men’s do. After all, women live 5 to 8 years longer, and their careers tend to have more variety over their lifespans.

Do these differences persist among the gifted?

Results from a 2014 long-term study of gifted young adults show that women who have exactly the same level of ability as men often choose different life paths.2 The study was conducted by David Lubinski, Camilla P. Benbow, and Harrison J. Kell from Vanderbilt University. They followed up on teenagers who tested at the top 1 percent in mathematical reasoning ability (they also followed another cohort that had high levels of verbal abilities) four decades later to find out what were they doing. Many of the women and men had different career outcomes, but they also had different preferences and values, which had a big role to play in their career choices. For example, most of the men were more concerned with outward, personal success and felt that society should invest in them because their ideas were better than other people’s. Whereas the women, on average, were more concerned with fairness: that members of society should not go without what they needed, and that they had a role to play in ensuring that fairness. The men, on average, were more focused on their own achievements and on creating concrete things. Women, on average, were more focused on investing in a society that was healthy and that provided for all. There were more men in STEM careers than there were women. But there were more women in medicine, law, health, and education.

Koala Kid
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Woman Went $10,000 Into Debt Trying to Get Instagram Famous
Quote:
The New York Post reports that after moving to New York in 2013 for an internship, the now-26-year-old Lissette Calveiro began living above her means to shoot photos of an “Instagram-worthy life.”
Calveiro reportedly spent $200 every month on clothes so she wouldn’t be photographed in the same outfit twice, and she also purchased a designer product (e.g. a $1,000 handbag) every month to show off in her portraits.

“I wanted to tell my story about this young millennial living in New York,” Calveiro tells the NY Post. “I was shopping… for clothes to take ‘the perfect ’gram.’”

But it’s not just clothing and accessories: Fashionista crunched the numbers and estimates that it costs $31,400 per year (or ~$2,600 per month) to have maintain a face and figure on par with Insta-celebs — this includes services like facials, injections, personal training, dental services, and meal delivery…

And to portray herself as a jet-setter, Calveiro traveled to new locations every month for a year — places such as Vegas, LA, and the Bahamas.

“Nobody talks about [his or her] finances on Instagram,” Calveiro tells the newspaper. “It worries me how much I see girls care about image. I had a lot of opportunities to save. I could’ve invested that money in something.”

Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koala Kid wrote:
This Woman Went $10,000 Into Debt Trying to Get Instagram Famous
Quote:
The New York Post reports that after moving to New York in 2013 for an internship, the now-26-year-old Lissette Calveiro began living above her means to shoot photos of an “Instagram-worthy life.”
Calveiro reportedly spent $200 every month on clothes so she wouldn’t be photographed in the same outfit twice, and she also purchased a designer product (e.g. a $1,000 handbag) every month to show off in her portraits.

“I wanted to tell my story about this young millennial living in New York,” Calveiro tells the NY Post. “I was shopping… for clothes to take ‘the perfect ’gram.’”

But it’s not just clothing and accessories: Fashionista crunched the numbers and estimates that it costs $31,400 per year (or ~$2,600 per month) to have maintain a face and figure on par with Insta-celebs — this includes services like facials, injections, personal training, dental services, and meal delivery…

And to portray herself as a jet-setter, Calveiro traveled to new locations every month for a year — places such as Vegas, LA, and the Bahamas.

“Nobody talks about [his or her] finances on Instagram,” Calveiro tells the newspaper. “It worries me how much I see girls care about image. I had a lot of opportunities to save. I could’ve invested that money in something.”

Now, numerous people on the Internet know who she is, and are laughing at her. Money well spent.

Kindness Evokes Kindness

wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecclesiastes 1
Ammunition: Federal Premium HST 124gr
Light: Inforce APLc
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
Ecclesiastes 1
The trick to being laconic is to use minimal verbiage to get your point across, a bare "Ecclesiastes 1" leaves much open to interpretation.
  • Is it simply biblical nihilism?
  • Was it meant to be a reference to verse 18, alluding to her sorrow at her newfound knowledge?
  • Perhaps a reference to Ecclesiastes 3, alluding to having not taken the time to deposit before taking the time to withdraw?
  • Is it just your way of announcing that you expect everyone to know chapter and verse, as you do, and henceforth will refrain from linking to sources because everyone has the whole collection burned into them by rote recitation from before they knew what any of the words meant?
  • Is it the name of the boat that you bought in your own bid to become instagram famous?
  • Is it the present score, Ecclesiates 1: Idiots 0?
So many questions, for want of so little additional context.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
The trick to being laconic is to use minimal verbiage to get your point across

Thats a pretty tautological key.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love me some good serious gaming. This is just stereotypical of todays standards :

https://youtu.be/XYZXm_DSDpU?t=314
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
I do love me some good serious gaming. This is just stereotypical of todays standards :

https://youtu.be/XYZXm_DSDpU?t=314

EDIT: It feels like he, the player, is just a tool of and though he's gotten a real reckoning. I still do like the incentive of him going commando on the game.
I tried that american guy.

- "yeah, go fuckin' on!"

instead of :

- Lets take a look how my character will look like,...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: