[SOLVED] Orange Pi PC binutils compile failure
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanjo9800
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Orange Pi PC binutils compile failure Reply with quote

Hello, I am updating the Gentoo Linux on my Orange Pi PC and I face a problem. Binutils refuses to compile with the following compile error:

Code:

armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/binutils-2.25.1-r1/work/binutils-2.25.1/gold  -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/binutils-2.
25.1-r1/work/binutils-2.25.1/gold -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/binutils-2.25.1-r1/work/binutils-2.25.1/gold/../include -I/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/binutils-2.25.1-r1/wor
k/binutils-2.25.1/gold/../elfcpp -DLOCALEDIR="\"/usr/share/binutils-data/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/2.25.1/locale\"" -DBINDIR="\"/usr/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/b
inutils-bin/2.25.1\"" -DTOOLBINDIR="\"/usr/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/bin\"" -DTOOLLIBDIR="\"/usr/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/lib\""   -W -Wall    -D_LARGEFILE_SOU
RCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -frandom-seed=target.o -O2 -pipe -mcpu=cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -MT target.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/target.Tpo -c -o target.o /va
r/tmp/portage/sys-devel/binutils-2.25.1-r1/work/binutils-2.25.1/gold/target.cc
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:12974: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
{standard input}:14267: Error: ARM register expected -- `mov'
armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)

Can you tell me what causes the error, or from where I can start in order to fix it?

Thank you in advance!!!

Last edited by vanjo9800 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
chithanh
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
 armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)

This usually means you ran out of memory. Check dmesg for signs of the OOM killer.

If so, you need to add more swap or configure zram.
vanjo9800
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you were right. The problem was that the Orange Pi PC ran out of memory compiling binutils and GCC. I fixed it using a bigger swap. Thank you!!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: