View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the hell is the "new forum moderator" message for Hu????
I've been away too much and i miss it, i would like to post a nice message as i think it's great addition to the forum.

Just like i did when i post my hate words on JRG, the doctor and all other moderators as they are all scumbags. (i'm unsure if i miss to post anything bad for pilla and pjp, but i still have hope to do it one day).

So: congrats Hu, thank you for your contribution that is welcome.
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I slipped in quietly. I haven't gotten a chance to moderate anything yet - somebody else always gets there before me. Maybe we'll post something the first time I get to ban a spammer. :)
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i were moderator i would just hit the search button and type "systemd" to get a spammer to ban.

Must explains why i'm not moderator.
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
If i were moderator i would just hit the search button and type "systemd" to get a spammer to ban.

Must explains why i'm not moderator.
Discussions about systemd are often heated, but they draw enough attention on both sides of the issue from good contributors that we cannot use systemd alone as an indicator that the thread will be worthless. Besides, that search brings up people who posted emerge --info from a systemd-enabled profile even when all they want is help fixing something not related to systemd at all.
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
Discussions about systemd are often heated, but they draw enough attention on both sides of the issue from good contributors that we cannot use systemd alone as an indicator that the thread will be worthless. Besides, that search brings up people who posted emerge --info from a systemd-enabled profile even when all they want is help fixing something not related to systemd at all.

Hu ... the implication being that systemd (as a phenomena ... and so including those adopting it), contrary to any reasonable assessment of the situation, are reciprocating players (in the game theoretic sense). That is absurd, and anyone reciprocating under this situation does not understand how cooperative agreements are policed, and so sustained.

Ken Binmore: Does Game Theory Work? The Bargaining Challenge wrote:
The mechanism that sustains self-policing cooperative agreements in repeated games is reciprocity. People sometimes register their understanding of how such self-policing agreements work by saying, "I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine." But such a promise wouldn’t be effective without the implied threat that I'll stop scratching your back (or worse) if you stop scratching mine. That is to say, what keeps the cooperative arrangement on track is that everybody recognizes that they will suffer some punishment if they don't honor the implicit deal.

best ... khay
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: