View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm67 wrote:
Typical fake news:

Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation wrote:
Article 6: (Scheduled air services) No scheduled international air service may be operated over or into the territory of a contracting State, except with the special permission or other authorization of that State.

Exactly the opposite of what they claim, without permission of Dublin no UK plane can fly over, exactly according to article 6 of that treaty :-)
typical spin... This has nothing to do with Brexit, so why expand the bounds of brexit to cover other treaties. The EU has every right to pull out of that treaty, but that wasn't something created by the EU :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you consider this significant news speaks volumes about the drip drip bullshit news UKians have been fed over past decades...

This discussion is like Brexit - people have fallen for a big lie, and now they can not possibly face the sad truth. They must not have been wrong.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets walk in the shoes of someone before do judgments of your own. Ok?
The Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, lets accept the hypothetical that Ireland can and does closes their airspace to the UK. International airops can easily go around their airspace when flying to/from Canada or the US with the loss of about 5 minutes at most. Seriously, it adds 10nm to the flight. When the UK closes their airspace in response it will add about an hour for any flights to/from Norway, Germany, etc. France and Spain are the only two countries who would not be impacted. How badly are the routes impacted? By about 300 nm.

So who loses? Ireland. Classic shoot self in foot situation.

EDIT: Actually, France will loose some time as well, maybe about 20 minutes if the flights are to Paris.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.

Last edited by The Doctor on Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...exactly.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must interfere here. It's not about a few minutes.
It's about whom is in control
It's about moving posts of a goal.
It's about having a say and not being bullied.

If we could just get ECC back, put EU in the trash and then right click and /dev/null that shit. I think we would stand a chance.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a bot? :lol:
The Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire thing is laughable. It makes good copy but it would blow up in their faces if they tried it. Airlines have a lot of money and political influence.

If Ireland really wants to know, they should whip them out and measure them to be done with it.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Are you a bot? :lol:

I am just good with summa-summarum the stuff....shatt app. Are you an AGI?
erm67
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless for the first time in history the UK will see the end of May before the end of April.

In case of hard brexit or no deal it is automatic that UK planes cannot fly over Ireland, that is why for example easyjet has an EU subsidiary that can fly in EU sky. Also British Airways has an EU subsidiary (OpenSkies) so there will be no real problem, until a deal is reached both companies will be able to fly with a different name maybe ....

customs check will kick in the day after hardbrexit, but UKian will not need a visa. UKian that live in the EU will have a grace period to regularize their position. They hired already additional border guards to patrol the new border. The Irish border will be patrolled but they did not reveal how, but probably by Frontex (EU border guards). There will be no controls between Ireland and ther EU.

My fediverse account: @erm67@erm67.dynu.net
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Led By Donkeys :lol:
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: All what May and Corbyn should pass to get out early Reply with quote

May and Corbyn should pass a legislation for a referendum in a year as follows:

After an early Brexit now using the _old_Theresa_deal_
they send two teams to the EU, both preparing a deal for future relations
- one of it formed by softer Brexitiers
- the other team by harder Brexitiers

The resulting then proposed deals should be voted on by the people of the UK
The Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forget one detail: the EU is not negotiating. As far as they are concerned the deal May negotiated is the only deal on the table full stop.

The choice now is between agreeing to a deal that has been called what a country defeated in war would be forced to accept and no deal. One wonders why there is even a discussion.

ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
You forget one detail: the EU is not negotiating. As far as they are concerned the deal May negotiated is the only deal on the table full stop.

The only problem with the deal is the Backstop.
But the Backstop is what Labour really wants to achieve: Britain kept not only in the customs union but in the single market.

Corbyn just said: TM must accept Labour wishes these three EU legislations to be kept for Britain:
- consumer law
- environment law
- work law
(This saying after he critized the EU as a neo-liberal kapitalistic dragon for the decades he was a politician. LOL !)

Now this Corbyn perspective is the single market modell in pure.
It solves the two problems arised with Theresa Mays deal:
- the irish border backstop
- the scots wishing to be in the EU

The EU would be happily loughing to have Britain inside the single market
but all of the powers to make new laws without Britains governement nor UKIPs nor Conservative members of EU parliament.
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:

Could be because it was negociate for over two years?
It's like UK after two years of negociation find themselves their negociator was shitty, nowhere UE has mandate the UK negociator cannot be change. UE has mandate still a 2 years negociation date.
And what do brexiters were thinking "UE will negociate with UK a fucking huge mega good deal for UK, that will tell others UE members, it's awesome to be out of UE, you get all advantages as when you're in, but not the disavantages".

UE cannot gave UK a good deal, that would just make UE implosion ; is it this hard to get? So what May has get is probably the best UK could get, a better negociator would had maybe get a little more, but certainly not what pro-brexiters think. And it was upto UK to change their negociator, not UE.

Sorry UK, you have done shit, voting to leave base on lies, and didn't gave a fuck for two years about what your negociator was doing. Now delay is done, and all pro-brexiters are doing is only crying to extend the delay because you're facing reality you will never get a deal that is as good as when you are an UE member but still hope to gets better, and non-brexiters crying to extend the delay as they are trying to step back while on the edge of the hole with the little hope that maybe another referendum would be made and this time UK citizens would vote base on real facts.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
voting to leave base on lies.

I didn't vote based on any such thing, I voted to be free of the cluster whatsit that the EU is.
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
krinn wrote:
voting to leave base on lies.

I didn't vote based on any such thing, I voted to be free of the cluster whatsit that the EU is.

Happy for you that you have vote to leave the economical area that is also your neighbour that provide your island most of its food importation ; smart move to get free of shit.
If you think cutting your leg is a solution to your feet pain, well, at least feet pain is gone.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
If you think cutting your leg is a solution to your feet pain, well, at least feet pain is gone.

In the case of advanced gangrene that's a valid option.
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
krinn wrote:

In the case of advanced gangrene that's a valid option.

Oh, and you did the balance to tell it is a gangrene or you have just took words from pro-brexiters?

What if i'm offering you a 1 million $ deal to save 1$ in importation/exportation costs? It's certainly shitty to pay me 1 million $, it's a lot yeah.
What if you are importing 3 millions of products from me then? still good or bad deal? Is that 1 million $ worth or a gangrene?
What if you are exporting to non UE countries from an UE country that have the structure to do so for you for a tiny cost because of the deal? Ah sure you could make your ports bigger...

Don't ask me, i didn't do the balance myself, i'm not UK citizen, but what i see is how much UK import from UE, specially food, while it's not your first importation in term of volume, it's a critical one, because you know, citizens need to eat, and it's not a good idea to pay food higher, except if you are doing whatever is need to not import food anymore.

But sure, you could only look at the 350 millions contribution and say it's a gangrene, because well, some pro-brexiter has said it is ; and Mr Random will be happy to stop paying that, but economical guys (you knows those guys that don't do politics but earn money and while not doing politic themselves, do influence poiliticians to make even more money) will cry.

So i didn't do the balance, but seeing how your economical guys are crying, i think the answer looks clear.
Sorry if i take this as better clue than just your assertion it is a gangrene John-Boy.
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:

The EU cannot negotiate another deal until there is another solution on the UK side. Unfortunately there is no such: The House of Commons says No,No,No to any attempt for another solution of the Brexit since months

krinn wrote:
And what do brexiters were thinking "UE will negociate with UK a fucking huge mega good deal for UK, that will tell others UE members, it's awesome to be out of UE, you get all advantages as when you're in, but not the disavantages".

There is no disadvantage to be a member of the EU. There are plenty of states preparing for membership.

Quote:
UE cannot gave UK a good deal, that would just make UE implosion ; is it this hard to get?

There is no implosion of the EU.
Though there are two issues - big problems - the EU faces:
- The EURO money and the southern countries: Young people like to live there and don't migrate to the economical hotspots like in the USA.
- Immigrants coming from southern borders. Many countries don't want to share any burden.

The northern countries desperately want to keep the UK in the EU, especially because they used to vote and veto alongside the UK. It is an issue of the power struggle in the EU. Therefore it may have been the Brexit vote of the english and welsh people was against their own governement. But now fishermen of Wales recognized they cannot sell any fish to the EU with a customs union only, because food is excluded with such treaty (as with Turkey).

With a hard Brexit it is true the EU is happy to sell England goods and foods. But not the other way round.

... these are my corrections to the discussion above.
Morality124
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Though there are two issues - big problems - the EU faces:
- The EURO money and the southern countries: Young people like to live there and don't migrate to the economical hotspots like in the USA.
- Immigrants coming from southern borders. Many countries don't want to share any burden.

Don't forget the upcoming shitstorm of article 11/13/17/20x6 implementation. And the additional shitstorm of the "Terrorist Content Regulation" while we're at it.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 9th 2019
Britain still part of Europe.
mrbassie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
April 9th 2019
Britain still part of Europe.

Birmingham still isn't.
The Doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

The EU cannot negotiate another deal until there is another solution on the UK side. Unfortunately there is no such: The House of Commons says No,No,No to any attempt for another solution of the Brexit since months .
Pure BS. They made their offer and it was rejected. They can continue to revise the deal basically forever until it is satisfactory to both parties, but they have refused. Basically, the EU is acting like a dictatorship, not any civilized form of government. There is no requirement for the UK parliament to agree to anything accept that the deal presented before them is acceptable to them.

Of course, what the UK should do is just walk away. Let the EU have their tantrum to themselves.

Minor point on Krinn: in the event of a WTO brexit the cost of food in the UK will drop thanks to far cheaper food sources, like Argentina, no longer blocked by EU.

ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all that is true:
Quote:
Minor point on Krinn: in the event of a WTO brexit the cost of food in the UK will drop thanks to far cheaper food sources, like Argentina, no longer blocked by EU.
And Australia, where there is hormons allowed. And chicken from USA, where there is chlorine allowed for desinfection. All this establishing the issues for a backstop for northern Ireland to be kept in the common market, not only customs union for the sake of the EU consumer laws. (These Corbyn wants to be held high for the protection of his base)

The plan to fabricate whole of all McDonalds hamburgers for the EU market in Northern Ireland with these cheaper food: This is the only business model for Theresa Mays "red lined" Brexit.
It is all about self determination of the EU members to reject it, but not:
The Doctor wrote:
Basically, the EU is acting like a dictatorship,

Nobody in the EU would reject a Corbyn deal. That is the only reason why the EU will allow postponing of the Brexit date again. Otherwise everyone in the EU, also every business spoke person, considers postponing again a loss for the EU, better to let the Brits "alone with their own tantrum". In the case of EU business all is ready for the hard Brexit, many millions invested: Every one is waiting for that and the push from coming business men fleeing GB is luckily felt already.

Theresas dream of a Singapore at the Thamse will get another environment than the asian state!!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: