Joined: 22 Aug 2014
|Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:26 pm Post subject: Problems after updating Skype and KDE
|I updated a number of programs, including Skype (to 220.127.116.11-r5) and KDE (from 4 to 5). Then I found the following problems:
1. Skype automatically starts with KDE. I did not find it in any GUI configuration tools.
2. What's worse, when it autostarts, sound doesn't work (I use Apulse library).
3. No tray icon for Skype. Installing dev-libs/sni-qt[abi_x86_32] and restarting KDE didn't help.
How do I disable autostart? Why didn't Skype see Apulse? How do I enable Skype tray icon?
1. Disabled by grepping for "skype" in ~/.config/ and removing every occurrence. It didn't come back.
3. Same problem for 64-bit prgrams too: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1047746.html — solved.