Strange behavior of emerge and horrible link failure
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lvzheng
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Strange behavior of emerge and horrible link failure Reply with quote

I am using Gentoo testing. When I tried to update filezilla, I find a strange behavior of emerge.

• Filezilla depends on wxGTK:3.
  • Filezilla has a new version. (3.17.0 => 3.17.0.1)
  • wxGTK:3 also has a new version (3.0.2.0-r2 => 3.0.2.0-r300)
  • --with-bdeps=y is specified.

However, emerge did not remerge wxGTK.
Why?
Code:

$ sudo emerge --update --with-bdeps=y --deep --pretend wxGTK
[ebuild  NS    ] x11-libs/wxGTK-3.0.2.0-r300 [2.8.12.1-r2, 3.0.2.0-r2] USE="X gstreamer libnotify opengl sdl tiff (-aqua) -debug -doc -webkit" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)"
$ sudo emerge --update --with-bdeps=y --deep --pretend filezilla
[ebuild     U  ] net-ftp/filezilla-3.17.0.1 [3.17.0]

Moreover, the update of filezilla failed with lots of 'undefined references' horribly.
Code:

filezilla-StatusView.o:(.rodata._ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI10wxTextCtrlE[_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI10wxTextCtrlE]+0x840): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to wxTextCtrl::IsModified() const'
filezilla-StatusView.o:(.rodata._ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI10wxTextCtrlE[_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI10wxTextCtrlE]+0x848): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to wxTextCtrl::MarkDirty()'
filezilla-StatusView.o:(.rodata._ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI10wxTextCtrlE[_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI10wxTextCtrlE]+0x850): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to wxTextCtrl::DiscardEdits()'
filezilla-StatusView.o:(.rodata._ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI10wxTextCtrlE[_ZTV19wxNavigationEnabledI10wxTextCtrlE]+0x858): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to wxTextCtrl::SetStyle(long, long, wxTextAttr const&)'[/list]
lvzheng
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the two wxGTK are not in the same slot
Old version is :3.0
New version is :3.0-gtk3

The link problem may be caused by GCC upgrade from 4 to 5. I will try to fix it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: