KDE5/Plasma Plasmoids use wrong icons
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nagmat84
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: KDE5/Plasma Plasmoids use wrong icons Reply with quote

I upgraded from KDE 4 to KDE 5. Various icons are wrong. It seems to be specific to my normal user profile, because the correct icons are used in a freshly created user profile with an empty home directory and no config files. I already deleted all files from /var/tmp/kde-cache-*/, /tmp/kde-*, ~/.thumbnails and ~/.cache while KDE was not running, but it did not change anything.

In the following screenshots pay attention to the symbol of the Trash plasmoid (upper left corner) and the symbol for the Kate appklication in the start menu.
How do I get the correct icons? (Re-appying the icon theme through the system settings did not change anything.)
bandreabis
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right click on kicker button and select Modify application.
Search and select Kate and click on the Kate icon on the very right of the screen.
Amongst program icons search kate icon. Check if it is correct and, if, select it.

If not....I dont know. 8O

open the trash bin
if your file manager is dolphin, right click on the trash on the left bar --> modify trash --> click on the icon and change it.

In both case you should find the correct icon.

Let's hope.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: