View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njcwotx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: krdc randomly crashes if no activity [SOLVED maybe] Reply with quote

I recently ran a system update. Everything is working. I use krdc regularly. now its crashing the session, not the application when idle. App stays live, I just have to reclick the connect link.

I last updated about a year ago and krdc was crashing the same way. I downgraded krdc and the random crashing went away.

However, this time, downgrading has not solved it.

krdc does work and connect fine, if I am actively using it with keyboard and mouse acitivity it has never crashed on me. it crashes when activity is quiet, such as focus being on other linux apps, or if I am just reading an email. the time length is also random, I can walk a way for an hour and its fine, or I can open a long email start reading it and a minute later it crashes. It doesnt kill the app, just the session, I just reopen the link in krdc and I am right back where I was.

I am now attempting to use the ~amd64 package, after unmasking it. Ill find out soon enough if the crash stops.

if ancient memory serves, I had to downgrade to version 12.x.x that was stable, but now only 14.x.x or 15.x.x exists in portage.

has anyone had this issue, and what did they do to fix it?
Always thirsting.
njcwotx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since installing the "unstable" package, it appears that krdc has gone, um, "stable" :)

Since the new krdc session was started on 15.12.3, I also re-emerged libX11. libX11 was in the emerge updates, but not since new kernel. This may or may not have helped the cause.
Always thirsting.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: