Plasma 5: Unplugging second monitor kills kwin
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhex
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Plasma 5: Unplugging second monitor kills kwin Reply with quote

Unplugging a second monitor from a running Plasma desktop on a laptop kills the windowmanager.
Window decorations and taskbar dissappeared. No switching between virtual desktops possible, no switching between windows possible. The only solution is to logout from the desktop and login again.
I didn't try it out on a docking station at work but if it happen there too i have to switch back to KDE4. There are other strange things happen with Plasma 5. Not funny at all.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there are known issues with multi-monitor caused by Qt. One possible workaround for some has been to remove kscreen and entirely rely on xrandr for the time being.
davidm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
Unfortunately there are known issues with multi-monitor caused by Qt. One possible workaround for some has been to remove kscreen and entirely rely on xrandr for the time being.

Would using the Gentoo qt overlay in order to pull in qt5.6 be a viable (though technically unsupported) option for him to try? I heard there were some good fixes for this sort of thing in qt 5.6. I was debating on whether updating to it myself even though things seem to be working well on my dual monitor setup.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: