Has qupzilla crashed? [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Has qupzilla crashed? [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Just in the last week or so, qupzilla has gone from solid to hopeless; It crashes on any github page, for example. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by mounty1 on Sat May 14, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
arnvidr
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had any updates to it lately? It seems to work fine here, but I haven't had any updates since December.
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes; it is the updates wot broke it. It used to work fine but after a recent update (not sure which one) it became crash-prone. I generally update weekly.

Last edited by mounty1 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Which version of QupZilla?

There's quite a big difference between using the old ones that are running on the QtWebKit, while the latest make use of the QtWebEngine. The latter is not in Portage yet, but is available via the qt-overlay for example.

I've been using QupZilla with QtWebEngine for quite some time, without major issues at all. I have recently seen some reports on IRC, however, but they also had issues with other Qt-applications, and they were all using Qt 5.6 or older, while I've been on 5.7_alpha for some time now so I can't relate too much there.
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qupzilla-1.8.9; I don't use overlays; just ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" and emerge -quUDN @world.
arnvidr
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you haven't had any updates to it since last year, same as me. It's been stabilized more recently, but since you run unstable you should have had that version for a while already. Maybe some dependency has caused a rebuild for you? I have not seen any rebuilds, and I have it built with USE="dbus qt4". What are your flags?
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: I'm on plasma Reply with quote

Flags for qupzilla here are: dbus qt5. [later] rebuilt with dbus kde qt4, it seems to be more stable; however, some of the button graphics on this topic are only sometimes displayed and it isn't even consistent. On this post for example, the Edit button is shown correctly, but the Delete button is just shown as a dotted outline. It is necessary to hover the mouse over the outline to see what it does. Anyway, at least it doesn't crash.
arnvidr
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be some bugs in qt5. I had to build qjackctl with USE="-qt5" to avoid my whole X session freezing.

Opened this page in qupzilla, and I seem to have the same problem, most buttons are just outlines, and some other images as well.
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: I spoke too soon Reply with quote

My kde+qt4 build of qupzilla was disappearing while I was AFOK, and occasionally on back-page, so I've reverted to the qt5 build. At least it looks prettier, and more consistent with the rest of the desktop, while it's up.
LukynZ
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unbstability starts with plasma 5.6. It's not qupzilla fault. Some changes in its dependencies. However there is 2.0 released, so we need to wait for qt 5.6 to be in tree (at least in testing)
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukynZ wrote:
However there is 2.0 released, so we need to wait for qt 5.6 to be in tree (at least in testing)

I believe 5.6.0 is close, but I think QtWebEngine is not going to come with due to certain issues (things might have changed already though, since I last looked into it).

Aside from a bunch of compiling, it's quite effortless to get QupZilla 2 via the Qt overlay for example, though that does take a bit of certain kind of adventure spirit to go for. :]

I can't speak for Plasma 5 and friends, as I don't use them, so I can't say if there would be loads of trouble using the current Qt versions from the overlay (shouldn't be much with 5.6.0, I think).

Edit:

Oh, dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.6.0 is now in Portage (QupZilla 2.0.0 isn't, yet, but the Qt overlay has a 9999-ebuild for it).
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: All good now Reply with quote

qupzilla-2.0.0 and qtwebengine are in portage, and qupzilla appears to be pretty solid. I've switched my wifes Farcebook browsing to qupzilla as Firefox 46.0 was rendering the site incorrectly.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: