Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Was I really hijacking topics from other members?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
miroR
l33t
l33t


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 826

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Was I really hijacking topics from other members? Reply with quote

A quick note.

( And for a quick summary go to literal string "Quick Summary: Main Post to Consider" if you don't have time.

Just, to be able to follow here, open the pages, as they were, prior to strange disruption by an admin:

Offtopic "answer" is a beg for help
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-160321-NAT/for-Gentoo-folks/GentooForums_topic_Offtopic-answer-is-a-beg-for-help.html

A Firewalled Internet Access to Internal Subnet
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-160321-NAT/for-Gentoo-folks/GentooForums_topic_Firewalled-Internet-to-subnet.html

PPPoE and static subnet setup
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-160321-NAT/for-Gentoo-folks/GentooForums_topic_PPPoE-and-subnet-setup.html

PPPoE and static subnet setup (page 2)
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-160321-NAT/for-Gentoo-folks/GentooForums_topic_PPPoE-and-subnet-setup-2.html

ERROR: sys-apps/iproute2-4.5.0::gentoo failed (compile phase
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-160321-NAT/for-Gentoo-folks/GentooForums_topic_ERROR_iproute2-4.5.0.html

What is there in bottom of these copied pages from Gentoo Forums, was deemed:

Offtopic "answer" is a beg for help
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1041598.html

Because noone helped me solve, and then I solved the initial difficulties at:

A Firewalled Internet Access to Internal Subnet
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1041028.html#7895666
(but that admin probably can not arrive at the fact that I solved it for myselft there, and that it was a legitimate query)

As well as I arrived at what was a typo in the Nftables Archlinux Wiki, and the moderator there (Neal P. Murphy , just as I wrote in the mails linked, accepted it):

( same topic as above )
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1041028.html#7897520

I posted the questions first. Well, if noone had time to reply, why is that wrong, me asking those questions, and later figuring it out myself?

And other things.

Actually I'm preparing this for posting in Gentoo Forums Feedback, or Chat, I'll see.

More to say, but after I get to work at setting up my bridge, with or without any more help from wherever. or with doing the testing for the devs at Netfilter, if they decided to accept my offer...

Regards!

---

Quick Summary: Main Post to Consider

ERROR: sys-apps/iproute2-4.5.0::gentoo failed (compile phase
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-160321-NAT/for-Gentoo-folks/GentooForums_topic_ERROR_iproute2-4.5.0.html

Pls. see in bottom of that post, the links, and why on Earth did they need to be, not just disabled from click-opening by visitors, but even deleted from that post in the dustbiin.

Thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 5879
Location: Room 101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miroR wrote:
subject: Was I really hijacking topics from other members?

miroR ... yes ... and not only that you are now making a (multiple) link fest and blog on the subject after having been warned.

best ... khay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
miroR
l33t
l33t


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 826

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
miroR wrote:
subject: Was I really hijacking topics from other members?

miroR ... yes ... and not only that you are now making a (multiple) link fest and blog on the subject after having been warned.

You mean:
A Firewalled Internet Access to Internal Subnet
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1041028-highlight-.html#7899496
(just if that one gets dustbined too, may we rest assured what it was.)
?
khayyam wrote:
best ... khay


Consider this post, because this post was dustbined. Don't go elsewhere, pls. It's not on the matter.

ERROR: sys-apps/iproute2-4.5.0::gentoo failed (compile phase
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-160321-NAT/for-Gentoo-folks/GentooForums_topic_ERROR_iproute2-4.5.0.html#7899384

Was that hijacking? Was there anyhing out of topic there?

Oh, but you may not agree that that fact about dependencies not working in that "iproute2-4.5.0::gentoo failed compile" topic, was really really deeply about the:

Iptables vs Nftables

Or maybe you recognize that?

So, that post, because that post was dustbined, was that hijacking a topic?

Reply to that clear question, else, no need for me to discuss.

I really need some peace now, to work on that firewalled internet access for my local subnet.


Last edited by miroR on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asturm
Developer
Developer


Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 6339
Location: Austria

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miroR wrote:
Reply to that clear question, else, no need for me to discuss.

Your question has been answered already.
_________________
backend.cpp:92:2: warning: #warning TODO - this error message is about as useful as a cooling unit in the arctic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 5879
Location: Room 101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miroR wrote:
Consider this, because that post was dustbined. Don't go elsewhere, pls. It's not on the matter.

miro ... that is not a statement, or series of statements, that I can understand, or see any causal relation between its starting point, the direction headed, and where it ends.

miroR wrote:
[SNIP]/foss/cap/cap-160321-NAT/for-Gentoo-folks/GentooForums_topic_ERROR_iproute2-4.5.0.html#7899384

Sorry, I'm not clicking your links ... and why is it needed here????

miroR wrote:
Was that hijacking? Was there anyhing out of topic there?

Again, yes, the thread was on the subject of the iptables dependency of iproute2, and the build failing ... so not nftables, or how to bridge/NAT using same.

miroR wrote:
Oh, but you may not agree that that fact about dependencies not working in that "iproute2-4.5.0::gentoo failed compile" topic, was really really deeply about the: Iptables vs Nftables.

No, it is not ... no matter how "deeply" you think that relation exists.

miroR wrote:
Reply to that clear question, else, no need for me to discuss.

I already did so in my first reply!!

best ... khay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
miroR
l33t
l33t


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 826

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
miroR wrote:


ERROR: sys-apps/iproute2-4.5.0::gentoo failed (compile phase
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-160321-NAT/for-Gentoo-folks/GentooForums_topic_ERROR_iproute2-4.5.0.html#7899384

Sorry, I'm not clicking your links ... and why is it needed here????

Well, you don't have to. Just let me tell you the answer to your question

It is needed there because that is exactly how the post looked like. That post was dustbined.

But, if you don't want to see the complete content of the dustbined post, what can you discuss with me?

On the basis of what can you discuss whether that post was me hijacking another member's topic or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 5074

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just straight up SEO-spamming now. Stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
miroR
l33t
l33t


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 826

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
This is just straight up SEO-spamming now. Stop.

No, Ant.P.. This is somebody had wasted my nerves heavily, for no reason.

And this is also an exercize in logic, ole Aristotelian logic.

Believe me, I want to go back to setting up my firewalled linux bridge to, with my Gentoo, really securely be able to connect from my local network. I really enjoy doing that.

And I have nothing against anybody here. To the contrary. I feel part of Gentoo.

Only... Make it logical, everybody, pls.

Thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 5879
Location: Room 101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miroR wrote:
khayyam wrote:
Sorry, I'm not clicking your links ... and why is it needed here????

Well, you don't have to. Just let me tell you the answer to your question It is needed there because that is exactly how the post looked like. That post was dustbined. But, if you don't want to see the complete content of the dustbined post, what can you discuss with me? On the basis of what can you discuss whether that post was me hijacking another member's topic or not.

miroR ... that is falacious reasoning: I had posted in that thread (and so was subscribed/following), I read, and can still read (sans links ... in dustbin), the post ... so, there is no missing content for me to need as any "basis" for my "discuss[ing]".

best ... khay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
miroR
l33t
l33t


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 826

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
miroR wrote:
khayyam wrote:
Sorry, I'm not clicking your links ... and why is it needed here????

Well, you don't have to. Just let me tell you the answer to your question It is needed there because that is exactly how the post looked like. That post was dustbined. But, if you don't want to see the complete content of the dustbined post, what can you discuss with me? On the basis of what can you discuss whether that post was me hijacking another member's topic or not.

miroR ... that is falacious reasoning: I had posted in that thread (and so was subscribed/following), I read, and can still read (sans links ... in dustbin), the post ... so, there is no missing content for me to need as any "basis" for my "discuss[ing]".

best ... khay

Oh well, that's your opinion, which, don't tell me you proved logically.
Everybody else, you can follow, and know about it... If you were subscribed to that topic.

I now want to work on my firewalled linux bridge such that my local net has internet access over Gentoo.

I have been around to reply. Allow me to not be around at very short intervals anymore.

Because I don't work fast at all. So I need peace to study linux bridge, Iptables, Ebtables and stuff tutorials.

Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 5074

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miroR wrote:
Oh well, that's your opinion, which, don't tell me you proved logically.

Don't lecture others on logic when your long tirades are almost all about problems caused through your own refusal to RTFM. Read up on Dunning-Kruger Effect before you cause any more damage.

After six years your comedy act is wearing very thin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 5879
Location: Room 101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
Sorry, I'm not clicking your links ... and why is it needed here????

miroR wrote:
Well, you don't have to. Just let me tell you the answer to your question It is needed there because that is exactly how the post looked like. That post was dustbined. But, if you don't want to see the complete content of the dustbined post, what can you discuss with me? On the basis of what can you discuss whether that post was me hijacking another member's topic or not.

khayyam wrote:
...that is falacious reasoning: I had posted in that thread (and so was subscribed/following), I read, and can still read (sans links ... in dustbin), the post ... so, there is no missing content for me to need as any "basis" for my "discuss[ing]".

miroR wrote:
Oh well, that's your opinion, which, don't tell me you proved logically.

miro ... no, its is not "my opinion" ... unless you come up with the content I'm supposedly missing (which, of course, doesn't exist, because the thread, and your post, are right here on the forum) then this is a fact, and proven. You are nuts if you think otherwise.

best ... khay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiitoo
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 1528
Location: Here and Away Again

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

miroR,


The issue in the topic seems to me, too, to have been quite different from yours, so I agree with it having been split off.

In general, as stated already in the past by few others, your posts here are often something very fitting for a blog. As also stated, this is a support forum first and foremost, not a blog at all.

I might guess that to most readers, your posts seem to be about you documenting something as you learn/build it, which seems like perfect blog-material to me. Alas, not so perfect for a support forum.

A request here for support is of course OK, but it has to be comprehensible for the readers, and not an URL-jungle one needs to wade through first to be able to even get a glimpse of the topic at hand. As you might know, time is precious. ^^

I heartily suggest you set up a blog in a space you like, and tell the world about your exploits that way. It might even help you find the time, peace, and health for all the things you do. I hope you will understand our point of view, as a support forum, too, and that none of us browses your topics with the ill intent of crushing your voice at all (speaking of the moderators and admins here; I don't believe the rest of the users do that either, however).

So... I don't believe this is about anyone here being against you, personally, but about your content simply not fitting in. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but simply being out of place. :]


I really hope you'll consider the blog idea, although I can not help with choosing such a space, at all.

Thank you, and good luck!
_________________
Kind Regards,
~ The Noob Unlimited ~

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
miroR
l33t
l33t


Joined: 05 Mar 2008
Posts: 826

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Chiitoo wrote:
miroR,


The issue in the topic seems to me, too, to have been quite different from yours, so I agree with it having been split off.

In general, as stated already in the past by few others, your posts here are often something very fitting for a blog. As also stated, this is a support forum first and foremost, not a blog at all.

I might guess that to most readers, your posts seem to be about you documenting something as you learn/build it, which seems like perfect blog-material to me. Alas, not so perfect for a support forum.

A request here for support is of course OK, but it has to be comprehensible for the readers, and not an URL-jungle one needs to wade through first to be able to even get a glimpse of the topic at hand. As you might know, time is precious. ^^

I heartily suggest you set up a blog in a space you like, and tell the world about your exploits that way. It might even help you find the time, peace, and health for all the things you do. I hope you will understand our point of view, as a support forum, too, and that none of us browses your topics with the ill intent of crushing your voice at all (speaking of the moderators and admins here; I don't believe the rest of the users do that either, however).

So... I don't believe this is about anyone here being against you, personally, but about your content simply not fitting in. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but simply being out of place. :]


I really hope you'll consider the blog idea, although I can not help with choosing such a space, at all.

Thank you, and good luck!

This post, posted after considerable few hours later, appears to be a consulted judgement, not only from the poster moderator.

I really don't believe this was a consensus decision, or at least not by many.

Let me point out one fact:

You are creating an, so far, up to today, AFAIK, completely new precedent, that will not be able to follow in absolutely most cases.

And allow me, but for that, I will need time, to point the kind Gentoo Admins/Moderators to another, completely different, not in the least converging with the above stance, decision/stance/judgement by Gentoo Admins/Moderators, for comparison.

Thanks for your kind consideration.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 5879
Location: Room 101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

miroR wrote:
This post, posted after considerable few hours later, appears to be a consulted judgement, not only from the poster moderator. I really don't believe this was a consensus decision, or at least not by many.

miroR ... who are you directing these comments toward? ... because it reads like meta-narrative. Chiitoo *knows* what you can only speculate as "appearence", so why are you second guessing, and on what basis are you speculating about Chiitoo's judgement? Also, why does "consensus" matter here, you are acting as though moderators make decisions as a group, and that you've been subject to some arbitrary decision outside of "consensus", that's not how it works.

miroR wrote:
Let me point out one fact: You are creating an, so far, up to today, AFAIK, completely new precedent, that will not be able to follow in absolutely most cases.

That is not a "fact", that is opinion ... yours. Lets not forget that you have had all manner of comments from both users and moderators on your posts, presentation, etc, and these go back years ... so this is not an out-of-the-blue decision, it is the result of your failing to take those comments into consideration, and so modify your behavior. As for "precedent", you are imagining that there is a set of hard and fast rules that moderators can refer to, and so evaluate each and every judgement, that is not how it works, moderators make judgements based on their understanding of the matter in toto. You are using "precedent" to suggest you (individually, and in isolation) are subject to arbitrary judgement ... and that is not the case at all.

best ... khay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
desultory
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 8965

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
This is just straight up SEO-spamming now.
True.
Ant P. wrote:
Stop.
Yes, that; very much that.

miroR wrote:
I really don't believe this was a consensus decision, or at least not by many.
Fun (actual) fact: we do not require the consent of some multitude to undertake such actions as we deem fit.
miroR wrote:
Let me point out one fact:
Another fun (actual) fact: it helps to cite actual facts if you are going to try citing facts to support your case.
miroR wrote:
You are creating an, so far, up to today, AFAIK, completely new precedent, that will not be able to follow in absolutely most cases.
Hardly new, and a claim of ignorance demonstrates a lack of adequate reading.
miroR wrote:
And allow me, but for that, I will need time, to point the kind Gentoo Admins/Moderators to another, completely different, not in the least converging with the above stance, decision/stance/judgement by Gentoo Admins/Moderators, for comparison.
I have neither any real grasp of what was meant by that nor any intention of attempting to decode it.
miroR wrote:
Thanks for your kind consideration.
Thank you for recognizing that our consideration and patience for you has reached its expiry, your account has been banned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum