Plasma 5 and xinerama
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmprior
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Plasma 5 and xinerama Reply with quote

Hi all

I have been having many of the same issues suffered by many following the upgrade from kde4 to plasma. I have finally managed to get something working, but have found that I cannot get a multi screen desktop to work. I was using xinerama with kde4 without any issues. Now, if I enable xinerama, I get the classic black screen plus cursor (no menu). Apps will work using ALT+F2, so some part of X is working ok.
If I disable xinerama, I get a single working screen as far as the desktop is concerned. The second screen will display the cursor !! but I cannot move any screens to it. I am using xorg 1.17.4, nvidia 340.93-r1 and plasma 5.5.5-r2
nvidia settings reports glx is running (from the nvidia closed source drivers). xsession log reports a problem with randr but I cannot see where that is enabled.
If anyone can give me pointers to getting a working 2 screen combination running again, it would be much appreciated.

thanks

Chris

UPDATE

Managed to get this working by enabling mosaic in nvidia settings. Now have 2 screens working.
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you want to use Twinview?

You don't want the Xinerama flag anywhere near:
Code:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf*

!!

Don't confuse this with the global xinerama USE flag (which you do want to enable)...[/url]
system: G751JT (ASUS-NotebookSKU); processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz; memory: 32GiB System Memory; display: GM204M [GeForce GTX 970M]; disk: 2048GB Samsung SSD 850;BD-CMB UJ172 S;1024GB Samsung SSD 850
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: