kmail org.bluez other warnings/error google-chrome
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: kmail org.bluez other warnings/error google-chrome Reply with quote

Code:
google-chrome-stable
[22534:22534:0321/114012:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files
[22534:22534:0321/114012:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(29476) VFolderMenu::loadDoc: Parse error in  "/home/roman/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" , line  1 , col  1 :  "unexpected end of file"
Could not find 'kmail' executable.
WARNING: Please setup an KMessageHandler with KMessage::setMessageHandler to display message propertly.
(Could not launch Mail Client)ERROR: Could not launch the mail client:

KDEInit could not launch 'kmail':
Could not find 'kmail' executable.

Because very often google-chrome does not pop up a window, i start it in a cli.

Today I see additional crap for

KDEInit could not launch 'kmail':

I recently upgraded kde, and i only have certain packages installed for k3b. Who is responsible to launch kmail? why does google-chrome launches this?

I also wonder why for months it also wants bluetooth functionality => bluez ...

kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(29476) VFolderMenu::loadDoc: Parse error in "/home/roman/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" , line 1 , col 1 : "unexpected end of file"

looks more like kde crap

more kde crap

WARNING: Please setup an KMessageHandler with KMessage::setMessageHandler to display message propertly.

---

I suspect because of those and because google chrome than hangs up somewhere in between, it is the main reason why google chrome does not pop up the visible window quite often when i start it.

Any way to get rid of those error messages, any hint on where or how to remove those lint files are welcome, thank you.

--

recent kde upgrade, past 72 hours introduced more crap, error messages.

Id expect that the kde guys, fix their ebuilds, or do not provide half config files ...

I am quite sure when i prune all kde apps, whcih i do not want because of k3b, the crap except bluez will be gone.

---

method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:

no idea where this should be or is

--

poor coding style

Parse error in "/home/roman/.config/menus/applications-merged/xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu" , line 1 , col 1 : "unexpected end of file"

Yay, hurray, too stupid to check the contents or if its correctly generated

Code:
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~/.config/menus/applications-merged $ pwd
/home/roman/.config/menus/applications-merged
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~/.config/menus/applications-merged $ cat xdg-desktop-menu-dummy.menu

Poor coding style.

And no, I did not created. I do not know which file is needed and which is not ... Therefore I have to keep those .config folder there

Code:
 dbus-monitor
signal time=1458557700.092207 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> destination=:1.4 serial=2 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameAcquired
   string ":1.4"
signal time=1458557700.092262 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> destination=:1.4 serial=4 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameLost
   string ":1.4"

Nothing of interests there but i leave it running for now and check back later

---

Code:
 rm -r /home/roman/.config/menus/

---

Code:
 google-chrome-stable
[30754:30754:0321/115807:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files
^C^C
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~ $ ^C
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~ $ google-chrome-stable
[30984:30984:0321/115814:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files
^C^C
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~ $ ^C
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~ $ ^C
[31209:31209:0321/115820:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files

^C^C
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~ $ ^C
[31433:31433:0321/115824:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files
[31433:31433:0321/115824:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files

i needed to restart it 4 times because the visible window was not drawn.

less errors now., but still does not open the window, and still as for months the bluez stuff

--

Code:
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~ $ rm -r /home/roman/.kde4/
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~ $ rm /home/roman/.config/k
k3brc           kconf_updaterc 
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~ $ rm /home/roman/.config/k3brc
roman@ASUS-G75VW ~ $ rm /home/roman/.config/kconf_updaterc

Removed the crap from the poor coders.

Are there any other kde related config files in my home directory?

--

Code:
mv .config/google-chrome/ ~/Downloads
[4366:4366:0321/121437:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files
[4366:4366:0321/121437:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files

Nope, it is not in the google-chrome config folder that error.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: