Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giocitta wrote:
I cannot unmerge sddm since it is now integral part of plasma-meta. If I try to install lightdm, kde-plasma is nearly completely unmerged.
Any suggestion for me?

There's no such problem with lightdm, in fact plasma-meta alternatively pulls it in if you set USE=-sddm but it can be installed side-by-side either way.

Please just pastebin your blockers in such cases right away.
giocitta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
giocitta wrote:
I cannot unmerge sddm since it is now integral part of plasma-meta. If I try to install lightdm, kde-plasma is nearly completely unmerged.
Any suggestion for me?

There's no such problem with lightdm, in fact plasma-meta alternatively pulls it in if you set USE=-sddm but it can be installed side-by-side either way.

Please just pastebin your blockers in such cases right away.

Hi genstorm,
sorry to come back only now, but I decided to restart from zero in installing Gentoo so to be able to better try your suggestions.
OK. I reached the phase in which I choose the systemd way selecting the profile 9 (plasma/systemd). Now, when I give "emerge --deep --with-bdeps=y --newuse --update @world", emerge begins its work (about 205 packages!) but suddendly stops with this final message:

ERROR: app-misc/media-player-info-22::gentoo failed (configure phase):
* econf failed
ERROR: dev-libs/libatasmart-0.19-r1::gentoo failed (configure phase):
* econf failed.

I cannot wgetpaste the output of 'emerge --info =app-misc/media-player-info-22', and 'emerge --info =dev-libs/libatasmart-0.19-r1' because I'm in chroot (I installed wgetpaste, but it doesn't run as expected).

All this is truly too difficult for me, although I learned many and many things from you and other guru on gentoo.org. Which is the meaning of the message? What could I do to keep going?
Anyhow, thanks for your much waited help.

P.S. This is not a battle, it is a true war.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rule no. 1: Never waste time on re-installing Gentoo!

Anyway, these are not the actual error messages, so we'd really need the respective build logs. Portage, at the end of the errored build, tells you where to get it, I'm sure you'll find a way to transfer it to your working system. ;)
giocitta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
Rule no. 1: Never waste time on re-installing Gentoo!

Anyway, these are not the actual error messages, so we'd really need the respective build logs. Portage, at the end of the errored build, tells you where to get it, I'm sure you'll find a way to transfer it to your working system. ;)

As always, you are right!

https://bpaste.net/show/e793090a5f25
https://bpaste.net/show/25f7f2d167dc

https://bpaste.net/show/ae92710c2e8e
https://bpaste.net/show/54e8d98df0ca

I hope this is all what is needed.
I learned another Gentoo propriety!
Thanks.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really strange, both packages correctly have virtual/udev in DEPEND so that means the error should not happen. Are you building an openrc or systemd system right now? Do you have sys-fs/udev, sys-fs/eudev or sys-apps/systemd installed? Please also post your emerge --info.
giocitta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
That's really strange, both packages correctly have virtual/udev in DEPEND so that means the error should not happen. Are you building an openrc or systemd system right now? Do you have sys-fs/udev, sys-fs/eudev or sys-apps/systemd installed? Please also post your emerge --info.

I'm building a systemd system. Installed: virtual/udev-215 (USE="-systemd"). Not installed sys-apps/systemd; sys-fs/udev, sys-fs/eudev.

emerge --info = https://bpaste.net/show/515a4d4f898d

Thanks,
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, then, virtual/udev-215 (USE="-systemd")? What's happening when you `emerge -vp virtual/udev`?
giocitta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
Why, then, virtual/udev-215 (USE="-systemd")? What's happening when you `emerge -vp virtual/udev`?

If I run "emerge -pv virtual/udev", I get a list of 63 packages to install, but simultaneously circular dependencies that I can resolve through:
USE="-graphite" emerge =media-libs/harfbuzz-1.1.3.

The installation begins but again suddendly I fall into the two ERRORS (media-player-info; libatasmart):

https://bpaste.net/show/be2bf5b36469
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the same time, portage tells you how to solve the circular dependencies. Set the use flags temporarily as suggested.

Anyway, the reason why these two packages fail to install is because none of the required packages (either systemd, udev or eudev) are installed.

Try to get around that by `emerge -1v systemd` since that is what you want. You should do that right before anything else.
giocitta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="genstorm"]At the same time, portage tells you how to solve the circular dependencies. Set the use flags temporarily as suggested.

Anyway, the reason why these two packages fail to install is because none of the required packages (either systemd, udev or eudev) are installed.

Try to get around that by `emerge -1v systemd` since that is what you want. You should do that right before anything else.[/quote

Trying 'emerge -1v systemd', I get the usual list of 63 packages to install, the usual circular dependencies to resolve, and I must install again media-libs/harfbuzz with USE="-graphite". At this point a new list of 130 packages begins to be ionstalled, but when only 3 jobs of 130 are completed, again I get the two usual Error messages.

Since there was in portage's output a context about udev and systemd, I kept away sys-fs/udev from @world by: emerge --deselect sys-fs/udev. Magically, the command "emerge --deep --with-bdeps=y --newuse --update @world" to fulfill the profile's requests was accomplished. When it will be finished, I'll controll whether systemd now is installed or not.

Anyhow, I'll move forward in the war campaign. Your help led me to the filing of weapons. Thanks.

Last edited by giocitta on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, that's what you do:

USE="-qt5 -graphite" emerge -1v systemd
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: