Deleted /usr/include/sys/ [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ata2001
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Deleted /usr/include/sys/ [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hello!

I've had a filesystem failure, so i restored my backup (root partition).
But i realised, rsync excluded not just the /sys, but all directories on my system called sys, including /usr/sys.

My computer doesn't boot, but i can chroot to my / partition.

I'm using gcc 5.3.0.

What can i do? If i try to compile something, that terminates with an error, cause my header files inside that directory are missing.

Please help! And sorry for my bad english!

Last edited by ata2001 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
grin_
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleted /usr/sys Reply with quote

ata2001 wrote:
Hello!

But i realised, rsync excluded not just the /sys, but all directories on my system called sys, including /usr/sys.

I'm using gcc 5.3.0.

What can i do? If i try to compile something, that terminates with an error, cause my header files inside that directory are missing.

You could download the latest Gentoo stage 3 tarball, extract it, then copy the needed directories from there. That should provide the defaults.
ata2001
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleted /usr/sys Reply with quote

grin_ wrote:
ata2001 wrote:
Hello!

I'm using gcc 5.3.0.

You could download the latest Gentoo stage 3 tarball, extract it, then copy the needed directories from there. That should provide the defaults.

I have tried that, but there is no /usr/sys folder in stage3
ata2001
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleted /usr/sys Reply with quote

ata2001 wrote:
grin_ wrote:
ata2001 wrote:
Hello!

I'm using gcc 5.3.0.

I figured out, the path to that directory is /usr/include/sys, i'm going to copy that folder to my root, and if everything will work, i mark this thread as solved, and of course i will edit the subject (/usr/sys --> /usr/include/sys)
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleted /usr/sys Reply with quote

ata2001 wrote:

ata2001 ... because there is no such directory as /usr/sys ... /sys however does exist, but its content is generated by the kernel (so all you need to is create the directory).

best ... khay
grin_
n00b
n00b

ata2001 wrote:
grin_ wrote:
ata2001 wrote:
Hello!

I'm using gcc 5.3.0.

Ah, that makes sense it's not on my system either, nor is it a part of the filesystem hierarchy standard.
ata2001
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleted /usr/sys Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
ata2001 wrote:

ata2001 ... because there is no such directory as /usr/sys ... /sys however does exist, but its content is generated by the kernel (so all you need to is create the directory).

best ... khay

grin_ wrote:
Ah, that makes sense it's not on my system either, nor is it a part of the filesystem hierarchy standard.

My fault, please look at my third post, compiling is working now, i wait until my machine can boot, and i will mark this as solved.
ata2001
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! My computer is working again, problem solved. :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: