ksnapshot and multiple virtual desktops
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gh0str1d3r
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: ksnapshot and multiple virtual desktops Reply with quote

Since recently, ksnapshot cannot take screenshots when I have multiple virtual desktops in KDE. It would always just capture the first screen image that appeared right after booting KDE. Is this a known issue? Any workarounds?

I am using gentoo on ~ branch, meaning I have a mixture of kde4 and kde5 packages. kdelibs is 4.14.16, ksnapshot is 15.08.3-r1. Could this be the root of the problem?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the mixture is according to plan. I suspect it is a Plasma issue (until recently = before upgrade to Plasma-5?), but you could try spectacle if it behaves differently.
Gh0str1d3r
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really say when it changed because I haven't used multiple virtual desktops for more than 2 years. I have masked plasma because I found it still too buggy to use it on a work computer. Specifically, I have masked

kde-apps/*:5
kde-plasma/*:5
kde-frameworks/*:5

Thanks for the suggestion of spectacle, but it seems I would have to switch to plasma to install it. Maybe I should downgrade some packages? Downgrading ksnapshot alone to 4.14.3 doesn't solve the problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: