Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccerr0r wrote:
At least this currently "does" have the "microsoft" solution (crash? reboot router)...

Yeah...
eccerr0r wrote:
Sigh... sometimes I wish I never wanted to learn networking

No! Just keep up instead! I'm struggling too...
eccerr0r wrote:
and just stuck with a dynamic IP address from my ISP and contract other people to do "cloud services"... and hope they don't do stuff with my data that I don't want them to do...

Grr...

Thx for the honest reply. ;-) ... Yeah, hoping they don't do stuff with one's data.... Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to make it.
nativemad
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... maybe I'm really just getting old.
I guess it is just easier to stick to stuff that you already know by heart than learning new stuff that might not yet be capable of doing everything you're used to.
I'm also not that much into networking and I haven't followed nftables development enough to judge.
Also, if the existing problem is instability, then I'd recommend something more established/mature/stable.... :wink:
miroR
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nativemad wrote:
Hmm... maybe I'm really just getting old.
I guess it is just easier to stick to stuff that you already know by heart than learning new stuff that might not yet be capable of doing everything you're used to.
I'm also not that much into networking and I haven't followed nftables development enough to judge.
Also, if the existing problem is instability, then I'd recommend something more established/mature/stable.... :wink:

Thanks for the reply.
I'm all for FOSS. I actually hate when projects don't succeed, seeing that honest people initiated them...
FOSS to me is almost a religion, that is how pure it is, developers giving good stuff to the world of kind of a finer class of computer users...
You can see here: Nftables or Iptables/Ebtables for a simple linux bridge? that I offered to test (sadly I may not be a good enought tester...), exactly for that reason.
Also I tried to seek advice over where some people suggest Nftables (but possibly not for a linux bridge involving setups):
ERROR: sys-apps/iproute2-4.5.0::gentoo failed (compile phase
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1040708.html#7899384
Nftables is a sane project, but if there is nowhere to learn how to do my simple setup which involves linux bridge, I will have to go the more established/mature/stable way as you say. Thanks again.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: