sys-apps/dbus-1.10.6 USB mounting
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mieses
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:19 am    Post subject: sys-apps/dbus-1.10.6 USB mounting Reply with quote

Gnome 3.18 started to prompt for authorization to mount locally attached USB drives since dbus-1.10.16. The Gnome user has sudo rights and once the password is entered, the following message appears in the log.

Code:
Mar 07 16:22:20 my-pc-name polkitd[2090]: Operator of unix-session:1 successfully authenticated as unix-user:root to gain TEMPORARY authorization for action org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount-other-seat for system-bus-name::1.101 [/usr/libexec/gvfs-udisks2-volume-monitor] (owned by unix-user:my-username)

Why is authentication to mount USB media necessary when it wasn't before? Polkit, udisks, and rules have not changed.

Also, it's strange that the message mentions "other-seat" when the USB drive is plugged in locally by the only desktop user on this single-seat system.

Code:
# loginctl list-seats
SEAT
seat0

1 seats listed.

I suspect dbus because the other 38 packages updated since this behavior started seem unrelated. The other packages are listed at https://gist.github.com/anonymous/9884dff48284868f63f3
poncho
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=576996
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: