View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisJumper
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Unstable Gnome 3.20. Bug/Auto-switching to VT [solved] Reply with quote

Hi, i just experienced after the update to gnome 3.20 (disabled wayland in gdm custom.conf), that my screen got black and sound stops. At first i thought that my Gnome-Session crashed. And i don't push the shortcut by myself. Seems to be Time sensitive after some minutes.. or maybe its an issue with some shortcuts or keyboard settings?

Later i check the processes and found that not the Xserver or GDM was crashed. It was just like i pushed CTRL + alt + F3 to switch to a virtual terminal. After pushing ctrl + alt + f2 i got back to my running gnome session and the sound was mute.

Is this a known bug? Anyone else experienced that? By the way i had another tvscreen that cant handle the signal after switching to the virtual terminal. I suppose that the Resolution was too low and the tvscreen stay black. In that case i was not able to switch back to the x/wayland-session.

Regrets

Chris

Last edited by ChrisJumper on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
jburns
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try updating gnome-base/gnome-shell to gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.20.2-r1.
ChrisJumper
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that easy trick seems to work.

Sometimes small problems seems to be huge, just because you spread the same mistake on many systems. Just wrote about it because i could not found people with that bug. Next time i ll be patient for a while.

But hey by the way i collect some Information about the new wayland display manager.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: