Alternative to Google-drive-ocamlfuse
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musv
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Alternative to Google-drive-ocamlfuse Reply with quote

Good morning,

I'm using VERY rarely my Google-drive. But it would be nice, if I can access it via a mounted folder in the few cases I need it. The sync-option I don't like very much. I prefer an ordinary network folder.

For that reason there exists a solution: google-drive-ocamlfuse from the psix-overlay.

That solution works nice, but it has some annoying drawbacks:

1. ocaml has many friends. If you want to install the google-drive-package, you get 20 or 30 ocaml packages.
  2. Update ocaml-stuff is a pain. Really always I fail to update a selection of ocaml packages. Standard procedure is to deinstall all ocaml-packages and reinstall the complete bunch.
  3. In the current update I'm not able to install dev-ml/ocamlfuse. Portage tells me, it's not a git repository.

So I really, really, really would like to get rid of that unmaintainable ocaml stuff, which I only need for Google-drive now. Is there an alternative solution to mount the google-drive without any ocaml-dependencies?
Abraxas
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works out of the box in GNOME but I'm guessing you are not using GNOME.
musv
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using e16 with mostly KDE stuff.

But nevertheless I would prefer something, which I can mount via command line. I would like to access this directory also on my NAS, which doesn't have any graphical surface.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: