Disabling SSL3 in courier-imap
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
basiaf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Disabling SSL3 in courier-imap Reply with quote

In the course of revising and verifying my ssl settings I came across courier-imap (4.16.2) still accepting SSL3 connections. I'm using the lastest openssl (1.0.2g-r1) and checked the connections with
Code:
openssl s_client -connect localhost:993 -ssl3

I tried various settings in /etc/courier-imap/imapd-ssl for TLS_PROTOCOL (=TLS1, = TLS1:!SSL3, =TLSv1.2,...) and restarting the service upon change, but it seems the settings are ignored. I also tried disabling the SSL3 ciphers in TLS_CIPHER_LIST.
Can anybody verify this problem or point me in the right direction?
gkmac
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Disabling SSL3 in courier-imap Reply with quote

basiaf wrote:
...and restarting the service upon change...
I don't use courier-imap anymore, but I remember it had multiple services for each connection type such as courier-pop3d which was the one I used.

Each of those services depended on another service called courier-authlib. Check that you're restarting that one as well.
basiaf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I restarted that service during my tests. I don't know if this is gentoo specific, as the same config seems to work fine on a debian system. I'll check back on that tomorrow.
Duncan Mac Leod
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Disabling SSL3 in courier-imap Reply with quote

basiaf wrote:
In the course of revising and verifying my ssl settings I came across courier-imap (4.16.2) still accepting SSL3 connections. I'm using the lastest openssl (1.0.2g-r1) and checked the connections with
Code:
openssl s_client -connect localhost:993 -ssl3

I tried various settings in /etc/courier-imap/imapd-ssl for TLS_PROTOCOL (=TLS1, = TLS1:!SSL3, =TLSv1.2,...) and restarting the service upon change, but it seems the settings are ignored. I also tried disabling the SSL3 ciphers in TLS_CIPHER_LIST.
Can anybody verify this problem or point me in the right direction?

http://disablessl3.com/#courier
basiaf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that was one of the first things I checked. Everything is in order. Same config works fine on a debian system.
Code:
SSLPORT=993
SSLADDRESS=0
SSLPIDFILE=/var/run/imapd-ssl.pid
SSLLOGGEROPTS="-name=imapd-ssl -facility=mail"
IMAPDSSLSTART=NO
IMAPDSTARTTLS=YES
IMAP_TLS_REQUIRED=1
COURIERTLS=/usr/sbin/couriertls
TLS_STARTTLS_PROTOCOL=TLS1
TLS_CIPHER_LIST="ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:!DSS"
TLS_DHPARAMS=/etc/courier-imap/dh2048.pem
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: