kdelibs4support fails to compile [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: kdelibs4support fails to compile [solved] Reply with quote

Emerging plasma-meta pulls in kdelibs4support (=kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0, to be precise). However the build fails and for the life of me I can't tell why. I don't see any errors and the only warnings seem unrelated to anything leading to the fail.

build.log
emerge --info =kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0::gentoo
The kdelibs4support environment

emerge -pqv =kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0:
[ebuild  N    ] kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0  USE="X -debug -doc {-test}"

To be honest, I've had problems with upgrading to KDE/Plasma 5. I forced -qt4 and used the kde overlay to try and get a very updated and entire qt5 and plasma 5 experience, but have since removed these options and tried to go as vanilla KDE install as I can get without wiping my system and starting over. The reason I mention this is that while I believe KDE4 is off my system, I am not starting from a sterile environment and I may have something remaining. To be clean, I am trying to install via the upgrade guide and did run the 'remove kde4' command (it presently returns clean, as in no packages are found):

for x in freespacenotifier kcheckpass kcminit kdebase-cursors kdebase-startkde kdm kephal khotkeys kinfocenter klipper kmenuedit krunner kscreensaver ksmserver ksplash kstartupconfig kstyles ksysguard ksystraycmd kwin kwrited libkgreeter libkworkspace liboxygenstyle libplasmaclock libplasmagenericshell libtaskmanager plasma-workspace powerdevil qguiplatformplugin_kde solid-actions-kcm systemsettings; do equery -q d ${x} | sed -e "s/-[0-9].*//"; done | sed -e "/kdebase-meta/g" -e "/kde-meta/g" | xargs emerge --deselect --pretend:
>>> No matching atoms found in "world" favorites file...

Last edited by alienjon on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you post sanitised logs to you pastebin - those colour-code tags are really distracting!! Plus you know you can link directly to your RAW paste - right? - You know the RAW button...

This is the build failure point:
Code:
[ 88%] Building CXX object src/kioslave/metainfo/CMakeFiles/kio_metainfo.dir/metainfo.cpp.o
cd /var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0_build/src/kioslave/metainfo && /usr/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++  -DKCOREADDONS_LIB -DKDELIBS4SUPPORT_DEPRECATED="" -DKDELIBS4SUPPORT_DEPRECATED_EXPORT=KDELIBS4SUPPORT_EXPORT -DKDELIBS4SUPPORT_DEPRECATED_NO_EXPORT=KDELIBS4SUPPORT_NO_EXPORT -DKGUIADDONS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0 -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_NO_SIGNALS_SLOTS_KEYWORDS -DQT_NO_URL_CAST_FROM_STRING -DQT_PRINTSUPPORT_LIB -DQT_USE_FAST_OPERATOR_PLUS -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DTRANSLATION_DOMAIN=\"kdelibs4support\" -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -Dkio_metainfo_EXPORTS   -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DNDEBUG -march=corei7-avx -O2 -pipe  -std=c++0x -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wextra -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wformat-security -Wno-long-long -Wpointer-arith -Wundef -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Woverloaded-virtual -Werror=return-type -pedantic -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0_build/src/kioslave/metainfo -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/src/kioslave/metainfo -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/src/kdecore -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/src/kdeui -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/src/kio -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/src/kssl -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0_build/src/kssl -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/src/kparts -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/src/solid -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0_build/src/.. -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0 -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0_build/src -I/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/src -isystem /usr/include/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtCore -isystem /usr/lib64/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtDBus -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtPrintSupport -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KCoreAddons -isystem /usr/include/KF5 -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KCrash -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KWidgetsAddons -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KConfigCore -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KConfigWidgets -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KCodecs -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KConfigGui -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtXml -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KAuth -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KIOCore -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KService -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KIOFileWidgets -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KIOWidgets -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KJobWidgets -isystem /usr/include/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KCompletion -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KBookmarks -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KItemViews -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KXmlGui -isystem /usr/include/KF5/Solid -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KI18n -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KNotifications -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KIconThemes -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KWindowSystem -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KGuiAddons -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KUnitConversion -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KTextWidgets -isystem /usr/include/KF5/SonnetUi -isystem /usr/include/KF5/KParts    -fPIC -o CMakeFiles/kio_metainfo.dir/metainfo.cpp.o -c /var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/src/kioslave/metainfo/metainfo.cpp
/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0_build/src/kdedeprecatedwidgets.cpp:45: Error: Undefined interface
src/CMakeFiles/kf5deprecatedwidgets.dir/build.make:65: recipe for target 'src/kdedeprecatedwidgets.moc' failed
make[2]: *** [src/kdedeprecatedwidgets.moc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0_build'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:548: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/kf5deprecatedwidgets.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/kf5deprecatedwidgets.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

(Ahhh!! my eyes keep getting drawn to those tty colour code specifiers :wink: )

Perhaps take a look at the offending line in this file (??):
Code:
/var/tmp/portage/kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.19.0/work/kdelibs4support-5.19.0_build/src/kdedeprecatedwidgets.cpp:45: Error: Undefined interface

Not very enlightening I know. But just to reassure you the package does build cleanly on my system (although I am using gcc 5.3.0) - "works for me"!! I guess it's time to get digging??!! 8)

Bob
system: G751JT (ASUS-NotebookSKU); processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz; memory: 32GiB System Memory; display: GM204M [GeForce GTX 970M]; disk: 2048GB Samsung SSD 850;BD-CMB UJ172 S;1024GB Samsung SSD 850
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobWya wrote:
Please can you post sanitised logs to you pastebin - those colour-code tags are really distracting!! Plus you know you can link directly to your RAW paste - right? - You know the RAW button...

Damn, you're onto my 'trying to blind everyone in the Gentoo forum' evil plot. Seriously, I wasn't aware of a 'RAW paste', I'll try to do that next time.

Thanks for the find in the output. I forgot case-sensitivity when I grepped the output for 'error' (the capital 'e' did me in). Following that reference I find a line referencing dev-qt/designer. I tried remerging this package (version 5.4.2) and now THAT package won't build due to reference errors to qtcore. As of now I unmerged qtcore as well and am emerging @preserved-rebuild to see if this fixes the problem.

(Sorry for not posting the code snippits themselves, I had originally copied the lines of code over, but then accidentally closed my browser window before posting and already unmerged the programs - thus clearing the build output folders. If the @preserved-rebuild doesn't fix the problem I'll update with the appropriate info).
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alienjon wrote:

Damn, you're onto my 'trying to blind everyone in the Gentoo forum' evil plot. Seriously, I wasn't aware of a 'RAW paste', I'll try to do that next time.

Thanks for the find in the output. I forgot case-sensitivity when I grepped the output for 'error' (the capital 'e' did me in). Following that reference I find a line referencing dev-qt/designer. I tried remerging this package (version 5.4.2) and now THAT package won't build due to reference errors to qtcore. As of now I unmerged qtcore as well and am emerging @preserved-rebuild to see if this fixes the problem.

(Sorry for not posting the code snippits themselves, I had originally copied the lines of code over, but then accidentally closed my browser window before posting and already unmerged the programs - thus clearing the build output folders. If the @preserved-rebuild doesn't fix the problem I'll update with the appropriate info).

TBH I wasn't being entirely serious 8)

I feel your pain though! I went through 2 weeks of hell trying to get to a working Plasma 5 Session (black SDDM login screen, broken desktop effects, etc.). TBH I'm still convinced the effort was worth it... There's so many razor sharp paper-cuts...
  • Panels move all over the place / disappear after I play any games
  • you can't have different wallpapers on different Virtual Desktops
  • none of the menus have synced favourites - even if you run multiple versions of the same variant
  • Qt 5 just isn't stable yet - my Plasma session blows up at least once - most days
  • ... :roll: :cry:

Your build errors just look like the usual Gentoo BS - that you've got to trudge through manually... But that's the joy of running such an advanced distro - right??!! 8)
system: G751JT (ASUS-NotebookSKU); processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz; memory: 32GiB System Memory; display: GM204M [GeForce GTX 970M]; disk: 2048GB Samsung SSD 850;BD-CMB UJ172 S;1024GB Samsung SSD 850
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's actually quite easy. You have a mixed dev-qt/*:5 environment with 5.4.2 and 5.5.1 packages. This is bad. Bring all of them on par to version 5.5.1.
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenstorm wrote:
I think it's actually quite easy. You have a mixed dev-qt/*:5 environment with 5.4.2 and 5.5.1 packages. This is bad. Bring all of them on par to version 5.5.1.

I was wondering about that. Pulling in the mixed environment was actually default behavior, so I figured it was intentional. I've now fixed it so everything is in the 5.5.* range (there are a few *.1 and some *.4 packages, but the *.1's don't have *.4 options). In any event, doing this seems to have allowed everything to build, but now I'm having another problem: while xdm will start and look like KDE is loading, nothing loads. I get a cursor (that is responsive) and Steam loads (which was already set to auto start), but nothing else is loading or working. Logs aren't spitting out any obvious errors either (or, at least that I've yet found).

I'm considering this a new problem, though, and will post separately. Thank you both for your help!
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 'default behaviour' only for stable users that rely on Portage doing the unmasking (and there has never been default behaviour when mixing stable with unstable). But this will change with Plasma 5.5.5. ;)

alienjon wrote:
I've now fixed it so everything is in the 5.5.* range (there are a few *.1 and some *.4 packages, but the *.1's don't have *.4 options).

What have you been looking at? I'm not aware of any Qt package ending with .4 except dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.10.4:4, but this problem has always been about Qt 5 only.

Last edited by asturm on Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alienjon wrote:
glenstorm wrote:

Thank you both for your help!

I think genstorm - rather than his compatriot "glenstorm" - no doubt hailing from the Highland Glens - should take all the credit. A nice catch indeed. 8)

Bob
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
It's 'default behaviour' only for stable users that rely on Portage doing the unmasking

While I've typically modified package.{keywords,use,mask,unmask} manually, do you recommend letting portage do the work for KDE? I've not had a problem with self-management until this problem.

As for the other piece, I apologize. I meant 5.4.2 (I put the middle number at the end).

@BobWya You had me confused for a moment, until I started writing this post and realized that my iPad autocorrected 'gemstorm' to 'glenstorm' :-p

I still may post in a new thread with the 'new' problem, but in short I found a segfault in activities manager (I believe that was the package) in a reference to qtsql. SDDM actually loads, but the KDE session doesn't load properly afterward. I'm currently downgrading to 5.4 to see if that fixes the problem.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alienjon wrote:
As for the other piece, I apologize. I meant 5.4.2 (I put the middle number at the end).

What packages are still at 5.4.2 exactly? There should be _none_ - ah maybe I just didn't read it correctly.
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I mean that (when I started this thread) I was upgrading to 5.5.*, but after that installed completely (I did get a full 5.5.* system without 5.4.*) KDE wouldn't actually load appropriately (which I believe is related to that segfault I found). I'm now trying a downgrade to 5.4.* to see if it will work at that level.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is some package segfaulting, it *might* be solved by rebuilding (there could be trouble due to the Qt 5.4.2 -> 5.5.1 upgrade in places).
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alienjon wrote:

I still may post in a new thread with the 'new' problem, but in short I found a segfault in activities manager (I believe that was the package) in a reference to qtsql. SDDM actually loads, but the KDE session doesn't load properly afterward. I'm currently downgrading to 5.4 to see if that fixes the problem.

After upgrading the offending library:
Code:
emerge -v =dev-qt/qtsql-5.5.1

I'd then do a very robust re-build of all dependent packages!!
Code:
emerge -uvDN --with-bdeps=y --keep-going --backtrack=100 @world

The =dev-qt/*-5.5.1 packages are in the main Portage tree and keyworded - so there is no reason not to use them! Plasma 5, built off the 5.5.1 libraries, works reasonably well on my laptop...

Given how immature the Qt 5 libraries are - I would suggesting going forwards is the best option at present!!

Bob
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
If there is some package segfaulting, it *might* be solved by rebuilding (there could be trouble due to the Qt 5.4.2 -> 5.5.1 upgrade in places).

BobWya wrote:
After upgrading the offending library: [...] I'd then do a very robust re-build of all dependent packages!!

I did rebuild qtsql and then did a 'robust' @world rebuild. The only thing that came up, though, was what seemed to be an older polkit package (in sys-auth) blocking a newer one in kde-plasma. I masked the sys-auth and kept the latter (which was already installed) and nothing else needed updating/upgrading.

After some more trial and error I discovered that the segfault seems to come up after stopping XDM (not before) indicating that it may be more related to a 'forced quit' of the plasma session and not anything related to it's loading. It's interesting that I'm not seeing anything obvious in Xorg.0.log or kdm.log (xdm.log has a fatal error, but I think this also comes up after force closing xdm). In any event, I'm seeing this as a separate issue from what I had originally posted in this thread, so to make things cleaner for the forum I'm posting a new thread with this specific issue. Thanks again for the help with this! (and please, hop over to the new thread, as I could use a bit of help on this one).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: